OEM Tail Tidy – Advice Please

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Any advice on how to fit the OEM tail tidy?  Is there a best place to make the hole for the grommet?  I think I need a 23mm hole, is that right?

Any help from those that have done the job would be appreciated.

I followed the line on the back of the mounting plate and cut it back to see that its ready to fit an Aus sized number plate.  And I’ve followed the same approach as OEM with a rubber mounted reflector, but I’ve used a smaller one.  I will install the Rizoma indicators that I’m currently using.

OEM Tail Tidy

Participant

I got the New Rage tail tidy for my Vit 701 and it requested a .5″ hole, so roughly half the 23mm. It came with a rubber grommet to fit that size and it worked out well. Good luck!

Participant
    Participant

Thanks guys, really appreciate the advice.  But the OEM grommet is definitely bigger than 12.7 mm (1/2 inch) .  Has anyone fitted the OEM unit?  I think its somewhere between 23mm and 25mm.  I will drill a blank with the 25mm hole saw I’ve bought and test it.  Maybe I will post what I learn.

Preferably looking for advice is metric – i.e. the whole world outside the USA.  I realize its a bit hard to make the move to it with 50 odd states required to agree in unison due to the political system.  But the rest of the world moved on a long time ago.

NampusNampus
    Participant

The hole should be 22,5mm I think.

I posted a link and a picture to the Evotech tail tidy instructions.

But that is awaiting moderation 😒

There is a target for drilling under the pillion seat.

Join the hqadventure forum, it runs a lot smoother.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by NampusNampus.
    NampusNampus
    Participant

Under the pillion seat you’ll find a target for drilling.

Download the Evotech tail tidy mounting instructions, and you’ll find it.

EP Husqvarna Vitpilen 701 Tail Tidy 2018+

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

Evotech instructions are top notch, they often put other accessory companies to shame.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.