ODB2 Pin layout

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi Guys, Long shot, but does anyone know the 6pin (actually 4 as top right and bottom right are not used) layout for me to connect the bike to a ODB2 app such as Tourque?

Im hoping somome must know! 🙂

along th elines of fig ne on the attached.

https://tuneecu.net/TuneECU_BR_PT/AustrianBikeComponents.html

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

It’s not too difficult to find out with a multimeter. Finding the ground pin is easy, just connect the meter to a good earth point on the bike and use a continuity check. Similarly to find the +12V power pin, keep the meter on the earth point, and then look for the pin with +12v on it. The remaining two pins are the comms lines. CAN H & L. You won’t damage anything if these are swapped, you just won’t be able to “talk” to the bike. If this is the case then just swap them round and you’re good to go!

Participant

Vanessa, thank you so much I guess I should of used common sense! I have a multimeter so can work this out and post my findings. Can I ask how to do a continuity test? That’s the only head scratch part!

SvePilSvePil
    Participant

Maybe this will help. Look at the pinout picture

https://kds-online.de/de/obd-adapter-ktm-motorrad-6-pin-auf-obd2-k-line-can-bus.html

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by SvePilSvePil.
    Participant

I did see this but it’s a visually different socket. So I guess it’s not correct.

SvePilSvePil
    Participant

Ok. How does your socket look like? It them must be different from the 701 socket?

Participant

So for anyone interested….

Grey and Pink 12v

Thick yellow black CAN H (or L)

Green CAN H or L

Thick black thin yellow ground

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

Hi Mike, so you figured it out! Great! I guess you worked out how to do a continuity check. So I don’t need to answer that then 😉

Participant

B63-D446-E-3-A79-4-B21-A3-DB-28-C6-BAADEF7-C
    EE31428-C-A1-D8-4-E68-84-C3-5-E931-EAFC766

Participant

If that’s the socket on the bike it looks like the new Euro standard for canbus OBDII</p>
    Google com /search?q=ISO%2FDIS+19689

Just be aware its not the same as the older KTM cable but they are readily available.

Www lonelec co uk/Euro5-6-Pin-OBD2-Adaptor-ISO19689

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Avatarmrlm. Reason: Add link
    • This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Avatarmrlm.
    • This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Avatarmrlm.
    Participant

If that’s the socket on the bike it looks like the new Euro standard for canbus OBDII
    Google com / search?q=ISO%2FDIS+19689

Just be aware its not the same as the older KTM cable but they are readily available.

Www lonelec co uk / Euro5-6-Pin-OBD2-Adaptor-ISO19689

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.