Nut for rear wheel axle when removing license plate holder

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Fredde
    Participant

Hi,

I am about to remove the license plate holder and use a home made replacement to be fitted below the tail light. I got the chain adjuster bracket part to replace the one holding the arm for the license plate (original KTM part) but also need a replacement nut for the rear wheel axle, M32 nut in alu I think it is, but open in both ends because the original one, I can not tighten enought due to it beeing sealed in the outer end. Any ideas it there are any official KTM/Husky parts nuts I can order, I guess an ordinary steel nut will not be good.

Max Kool
    Participant

That’s odd, I reused the original nut. No problem.

I haven’t checked, but odds are there a big washer under the nut you forgot?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Max Kool.
    Fredde
    Participant

The original nut on mine is only has a hole on one side, the other is “covered”, probably to make sure no dirt is coming into the axle since it is hollow, but then, why is there a hole from the other side of the swing/axel. I put 2 washers inside the nut, against the aluminium plate for adjustment but is is far from enough so need a “plain” nut. My bike is a 2018 but new so only driven it 200 km so no one has been altering the nuts or something like that. I guess I just look at pro bolt or something and get one in correct size, and wait for the delivery 🙂 or call a KTM workshop and ask them what part I should get.

Max Kool
    Participant

It’s just a hollow axle, no worries.

Max Kool
    Participant

Edit, no washer under the nut.

Fredde
    Participant

Now I understand, the “chain extension plate” I bought, is the one I found part-number for in a thread in this forum and that isnt that thick, it has the same thickness as the one on the left side, fits as well but then that nut wont go deep enough on the axle before it hits the end. Think I found a nut that will fit over axle now so lets see how it works. Otherwise, Pro Bolt has one as well, but quite a bit more expensive 🙂 ty for all help.

Max Kool
    Participant

You have a left side chain adjuster on the right side too…..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.