Notre Dame Cathederal

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    JohnnyLightning
    Participant

To our good friends in France, we are saddened by the fire damage to this World Monument. Truly heart-wrenching to see the destruction of such a beautiful landmark.

kungfupoulet
    Participant

I witnessed the whole thing and it totally broke my heart. To think that it would happen in my lifetime…

JohnnyLightning
    Participant

@kungfu, It must have been a horrible feeling to be there in person and watch this happen. Can’t even imagine…a true feeling of helplessness

Midnaite
    Participant

I drove past Notre Dame after work, it broke my heart too.

that’s strange, but from street level you don’t really see the damages, just that the roof is gone.

I hope te the reconstruction will start soon, and I really hope to see its end in my lifetime.

kungfupoulet
    Participant

@JohnnyLightning Helpless that’s the word. At some point I felt anger because there were no firefighters to be seen for what felt like hours. We found out later that they had to save as many art pieces as they could before trying to contain the fire. I was hopelessly standing there, watching as the fire eats up what was once the roof.

I felt the heat from the flames from where I was despite being across the river. It literally brought tears to my eyes.

@Midnaite
    President Macron said it’ll be done in 5 years. I highly doubt it. Especially if they want to rebuild/restore it the proper way.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.