Not Legal! error

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    kylemac
    Participant

I was trying to reset the service clock due to the glitch mentioned in a different thread where the panel reads SERVICE RESET every single 1000kms, and must have used the wrong combination of buttons. Rather than resetting the clock, I now get the reading NOT LEGAL! I haven’t tinkered with the bike besides changing the mirrors, so there should be no legitimate reason for this error. Yet another bug with the bike I assume. Very frustrating considering I was trying to work around a glitch and encountered another one. Any ideas of how to clear this?

mitch
    Participant

That happened to me trying to do the same thing. But I think I just turned it off and on again and it went away.

DAP831
    Participant

I had to take my bike to the dealership to get the computer to reset to the 6000 mi interval. There is no way around it. Neither the owners or repair manual indicate that unfortunately. I spoke with the dealer, and Husqvarna US

Stumpkin
    Participant

I know this is an old thread but, the Not Legal! message comes up for me when I turn off abs(it kinda makes me want to run that way all the time). The procedure is pretty similar to the service reset, so maybe that is what happened.

Macloven
    Participant

What is the service reset procedure.? Now that I hit 620 miles I get that message on every start.

Stumpkin
    Participant

https://vitpilenforum.com/forums/topic/service-required-message/

As per DAP831 to clear the service reset message…

Press mode until Odometer Appears / THEN press Set until Service appears / THEN Press&Hold Set until “reset service interval” clears (Approx. 10 seconds)

To turn off ABS and get the not legal! message, after you have broken 4 mph and the abs cycles on. Stop the bike and you hold mode and the blank button for 10 seconds until you see the release button message. Then take your illegal bike and back it in all you want.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.