Not finding first gear

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

So I currently have a little over 550 miles on my 2020. Neutral was a bear to find when i first took it out but now that its worn in a bit I have a problem hitting first gear from second without it going into neutral. Also, if i do kick it into neutral at a light sometimes it takes shifting up into second and back down to get it to catch in first, doesn’t want to shift down directly from neutral. Has anyone else experience this?

Participant

I have a 2019 and I actually noticed this yesterday. One time I even kicked it into 2nd, then N, while going 30. It was weird and jolted me a little bit.

In my head I was trying to drop from 3rd, to 2nd, then to 1st to stop. The stop light issue is similar too. i was going to evaluate it on a afternoon ride today and will have feedback on this more.

Participant

My 701 has several neutrals.  But only between 1st and 2nd does the N appear on the instrument, between 2nd and 3rd it will show –.  I’m not the only one that has this happen.  But its not a problem if I shift properly.  If I’m slack then its an issue.  I need to feel with my toe not just expect it to fall into gear.

The EazyShift is not appropriately named.  It does work well as a quickshift.  But it does not support slack shifting.

Participant

It turns out that at around 1500 miles my clutch started slipping and I had to take it back to the dealer for adjustment. After the adjustment its much easier to find neutral now.

Participant

https://www.pirateracing-shop.de/epages/63735976.sf/en_US/?ObjectPath=/Shops/63735976/Products/PR148649

for 701 this is a great replacement to get rid of the weak springs at the star rotor…ktm improved this but had potential too much shitty springs in their baja warehouse 😉  the springs just to bouncy and allow the gear to flip incorrectly into neutral at some special movements…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.