Noises in neutral. Lost throttle and check engine light

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey guys new to this thread and sadly I’m already making a post like this 🙁 my bike was bought 1 week ago 2021 vit. Had a few random stalls in the beginning but went away. Today while riding with a buddy out of know where my malfunction light turns yellow and I lose all throttle control. Turned bike off for 10 min and was able to replicte the same thing. Limo home safely let it sit for an hr then go amd check it again amd its running fine. Can’t get it to happen. But now I notice my gearbox making a different sound when going in too neautral. Still runs great. Going to dealership Tuesday but have a group ride planned tomorrow.  With no lights or codes showing not sure what to do. Or if anyone has ever experienced something similar. Esp ab the throttle control. Cause that could be dangerous in certain situations. Thanks for any advice I can get.

Participant

…may be is not helping but you actually respect the speed limiter light? The bike has easy shift but is better to use it in high gears and better yet after the 1000km service.

Are you downshifting with lower gears without pulling the clutch?

Do you have enough oil? at some point I panicked cause the level of oil was not so clearly so I added more. Now after the first service I see the level right so the bike no doubt that had not a complete oil level.

Yes; of course can be something about the software with the ECU but I a mentioning more “perceptible” possibilities.

Participant

So I did notice engine oil is low. I want to add some but wasn’t sure ab what kind to use with it being the break in oil. I would say 90 % of the time I shift with the Indicator light sometimes I’ve noticed i shift at 5500 or 6500 b4 the light comes on..when it comes to the quick shifter right before the malfunction indicator came on I did use the quick shifter to shift down from 4th to 3rd I believe could have been 5th to 4th but it basically had this issue right after that. I also had taken the seat off earlier in the day to get tools out to get an Allen key. At that time I checked all relays by pushing them down a little and same with fuses. The engine oil def seems low but seems full at ab 10 degree lean past top dead center. I go Tuesday so let them look at it. At 500 miles should I buy some oil now or just see if they will go ahead and do 1st service at 500 miles on Tuesday. Thanks again for the help.

Participant

Also bike is running great this morning with no throttle problems or malfunction light coming on. Still can hear a difference from neautral to 1st. Instantly goes away when I pull in clutch in neautral. Doesn’t make sound in any other gear.

Participant

Hey man

Did you ever find out what the issue was? The same thing happened to me today.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.