No valve check in the first service?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Tim
    Participant

I had my first service last week and was surprised that my dealer skipped the valve check, which is clearly listed in the manual. He said that the 2018-onwards engines now no longer need the valves checked at the first service and that they’d be fine left until at least the 2nd or 3rd service. Has anyone else heard that? I’ve emailed Husqvarna and am awaiting a response. I was relieved to avoid the extra 3 hours of labour cost but a bit concerned my dealer just didn’t fancy doing the valves!

David K
    Participant

My dealer also skipped the valve check. They said that they checked around 10 different KTM 390 and since valves were ok in all of them, they simply started skipping this costly step.

VitPing
    Participant

I have my first service coming up soon so I am interested in finding out husqvarna’s opinion on this.

Tim
    Participant

OK guys. I just had this back from Husqvarna UK:

“Thank you for contacting Husqvarna Motorcycles UK regarding valve clearances.

Through the improvement of production processes and improved tolerances, we no longer require valve clearances to be completed at first service.

Unfortunately, we were unable to update the wording used in the Service Schedule listed in your Owner’s Manual before printing, but this is true of all MY18 models using the 390 engine.

We have now updated this and our dealers have been made aware of the updated Service Schedule. ”

VitPing
    Participant

That’s great.

Thanks for sharing the information.

Tim
    Participant

By the way, the service manager said they recommend doing the valves the first time at 4500 miles. So start putting some money away in a jar… 🙂

DC401
    Participant

Wish I had checked this thread before today….. just brought it back to the dealer for the 1st service. Only 1 Husky dealer near me, and they are 45 minutes away, the last few miles of which are dirt roads…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.