Newbie checking in

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    72degrees72degrees
    Participant

Greetings one and all.

After much heart searching, I am trading in my Kawasaki ER6n for a Svartpilen 401. I don’t do (relatively for me) long trips any more. The last was a week during May last year of 25o mile days on French D roads mostly in the pouring rain, which kind of clinched that decision.

Now I’m past the three score years and ten last laps flag I wanted something that was just much more fun. It won’t be my only machine. It will nestle between two Moto Morini 350s, a Gilera GFR125 2T power valve Race replica and a 1957 Gilera 175 Sport.

I’ve been downsizing in the bike and  power stakes for a few years now. Some interesting machines over the years  (from 1967 – yeah I’m really OLD) including a Voxan 100 Roadster. The Morini Corsaro 1200 was the pinnacle – but I knew it would kill me one day – just too much awesome torque for an old gimmer.  I took the Voxan up Shelsley Walsh hill climb  a few times but didn’t dare on the Corsaro.

I’ve had a Husky before. An ’87 510 supermoto’d in ’92 for NHCA speed hill climbs – you guessed it – dropped a valve down the first straight at Gurston Down one day. That was one expensive rebuild (but not as bad as a YZ450F that ate it’s gearbox primary input bearing – beware slipper clutches with loose main securing nut!). A KTM 350SXF I rode for a season had me thinking about a 390 Duke (yes completely different animal but I do like a well tuned 4T single – well almost as much as a 72 degree V twin 😉

Looking forward to having no bike in the fleet  > 150Kgs. Getting the lowering kit fitted though as I’m a bit vertically challenged. Looks like I will need to get Bagster to work their wonders on the plank seat. Anyone want a Bagster Bultex Comfort seat for an ER6n and H&B rack and pannier frames?

Hoping for Morini 350 Sport levels of grin factor – but with an electric start that works.

I’ll report back when I’ve picked it up.

Luwys007Luwys007
    Participant

Nice man congrats !! you going to have a crap ton of fun on this little hooligan bike i know i am !

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.