New Triumph Trident display/gauge

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    VanessaVanessa
    Participant

Anyone think that the neat rounded TFT display from the new Triumph Trident would be ideal on our ‘Pilens? I think that it’s exactly the kind of display that Husqvarna should have fitted in the first place.

https://images.app.goo.gl/HPDoLG8d3E4iReJZ6

Participant

Never have had a TFT so I don’t know what I’m missing out on, but I rather like the simplicity of the 401 display. I wonder how much (if at all) it would have raised the cost.

Participant

personally, I do not find this tft any wonder.
    I almost prefer ours

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

I think the gauge on the ‘Pilens is one of the worst features of the bikes. It looks like a cheapo tamagotchi. The way the rev counter numbers aren’t back-lit so aren’t visible at night. Or the fact it resembles a yoghurt pot lid. Mine is full of condensation too. Hoping the Badwinners TFT kit will be available at some point soon.

The Triumph Trident display looks class to me.

Participant

I agree with you that the tft of our motorcycles is really shabby, and I am also waiting for a spare part to match the motorcycle.
    but what if I am clear that I would not pay for this tft triumph

Participant

sorry for the google machine translation

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

“yoghurt pot lid” :-))

Porque BUBIPorque BUBI
    Participant

I think the whole point of a display is that you don’t have to spend seconds figuring out what you are reading, it has to be glance intuitive so you are not distracted from riding. All digital displays suck in this respect.

Me, I only look at the pilen display to read the mileage which I reset after fueling up.

Of course this is valid for road riding, if you are scrambling you can do without any display….

Participant

Is there a chance that the colour TFT screen from the Duke 390 would be a direct fit? Being that the engine, frame and possibly ECU are all borrowed from the Duke?

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

The new fully round touchscreen TFT on the new Indian Chief looks even better than the Triumph round display. Both look better than the disappointingly big slab that is the Badwinners display.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.