New to the forum

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello all, I’m excited to join the forum.  I purchased a 2020 Vitpilen 701 today and take delivery a little later this week.  I am excited to learn as much as I can here and hopefully contribute a little along the way.  I have ordered a set of Husqvarna bar end mirrors and a Leo Vince LV-10 slip-on in stainless.  More to come!

*side note I own a few other bikes currently including a 2014 KTM 690 Duke.  I’m interested to compare the two.

Best,

jay

mitchotmitchot
    Participant

Welcome mate, bought a beauty bike there! Keen to see pics of the 2020 when you get it.

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

Yes, definitely post pics please!

Participant

Participant

The above pic is of the bike I purchased.  It was a photo of my bike from the dealership.  I’ll have photos of my own Thursday when I get it.

Participant

Hi All

Thinking of buying a 701 Vitpilen next year. The bike will be doing about 15000 miles per year. My commute is 100 per day on fast A and B roads from Mid Wales to Shropshire. Pure motorcycling bliss. I would appreciate riders feedback on miles per gallon fuel consumption under similar riding conditions. I appreciate there are more fuel efficient bikes out there but having test ridden a Vitpilen last year l haven’t had so much fun on a bike for years. Due to my mileage any recommendations on maintenance would be also appreciated. I’m led to understand she drinks a bit of oil so maybe very frequent oil checks compared to what I’m used to.

All the best folks and if she’ll let you just park the bike in the lounge and decorate it instead of the normal tree this December!

NampusNampus
    Participant

Congrats on the new bike Jay! The 2020 colors look great! That white tail is going to need a lot of cleaning though 😬
    @phillbike: don’t think the vitpilen is the most sensible choice as a commuter, but it will definitely be fun!
    It’s also quite frugal with fuel, I get about 4liters/100km with spirited road riding. But the tank is tiny, and the dash will tell you you’re running on vapors at around the 250km mark (155 miles) you’ll get about 10 liters in at that point. Tank is supposed to be 12 liters, but I haven’t run it dry yet.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by NampusNampus.
    mitchotmitchot
    Participant

jaysgarage Looks great mate. I agree that the white will be harder to keep clean, but really liking the blue!

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

Very sweet looking bike! Definitely the most striking of the 2020 colours.

Participant

blue looks great, can’t wait to see yours pics jaygarage!

gonna miss the silver look however 😉

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

Ok, time to introduce myself. Max, old guy (mid 50’s), had my eye on a Vit 701 for while. First I had to clear a few other bikes from the garage. I recently sold my Duc Desert Sled and a Suzuki DR650, and picked up a 2018 Vitpilen with 500 miles on it the other day.

My other bike is an FTR1200S RR

QwandreeQwandree

You know the blue/white paint is starting to grow on me.

@max, nice work. That LA?

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

Kinda yes sir. I live in West LA, but this was in Huntington Beach (at the exact moment it was mine).

I like the white/blue as well, but I couldn’t pass on this one. 🙂

QwandreeQwandree

Nice. There’s a few of us on here from LA area. You get yours from 3 bros racing?

Participant

Thanks everyone for the kind words, here is a pic from when I picked it up on Thursday.  The bike is even more beautiful in person, this has quickly moved up the list to be my favorite bike.  The blue is very dark,  but in the sun the metallic blue paint really sparkles next to the matte white paint.  I’ll hopefully have more pictures to share soon.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.