New Svartpilen, never serviced, no exhaust

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello all!

I bought a used 2019 Svart 401.

It has 10,000 miles. Seems to run good and sounds good, but it was never serviced. I was wondering if I will run in to any issues? I plan on getting it serviced asap.

The bike also was ridden without any exhaust. I was wondering if that would cause any issues. If I continue to ride it without an exhaust, is that a bad idea? Should I get it tuned? Should I buy a fcu?

I’ll be posting back with more stuff once I get my hands on it, but thats it for now.

Thanks!

B.I.SavageB.I.Savage
    Participant

Hi Roadkil,

Define without a exhaust; air comes out of the head…? Or just the slip on is missing? From what Ive heard, as long as the black box is installed the motor should produce enough back pressure to avoid melting it down in most cases, but the performance would suffer vs. using an actual exhaust. (Hearsay, not expert knowledge on my behalf)
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>And never serviced is never a good thing… are you talking never at the dealer for an official service, or ridden ignorantly for 10k without anything being changed/inspected by the owner?</p>

Participant

Just the stock exhaust with the pipe removed. The black box on the bottom is still there, with a hole sticking out near the rear wheel where the pipe would go to. I wanted to know if I should add an exhaust or fcu.

The bike was never brought to a dealership to be serviced, and has 10,000 miles. It was maintained properly thou and spounds fine. But should I worry about anything?

B.I.SavageB.I.Savage
    Participant

Depending on the applicable laws where your at, I would definitely recommend an exhaust and an ecu.

Just about every exhaust should make more performance than no exhaust.

ScubadubbersScubadubbers
    Participant

I run no cat and no muffler (just the black box) and the bike runs great.

Change all your own fluids, get a new chain, and then get your valve clearances checked.

B.I.SavageB.I.Savage
    Participant

@scuba’ you running with nothing at all after the block box and do you use ecu?

I saw a pipe that is only an angle cut that sticks out maybe 3 cm from the black box with removable db-eater that slides inside.

Not road legal here though.

ScubadubbersScubadubbers
    Participant

I run just the black box with a pipe that puts exhaust behind my foot.  No ECU, but I’ll be receiving my Coober any day now.

I have an SC Project slip on I am currently trying out with just the black box.  It keeps the exhaust pops from being so loud, but I like the pops and the look without the slip on.

Pic is of the pipe off the black box with slip on.  The no muffler setup is the same pipe minus the slip on and with titanium heat wrap.  Pipe was only $30 on Amazon, so I bought 2. 1 for each setup.

Exhaust

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.