new Svartpilen 401 owner in Orlando, Fl area

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    407guy407guy
    Participant

Picked up my 2019 Svartpilen 401 today.  So happy.  Great small displacement bike.  Only “challenge” I have is holy moly is the clutch pull heavy.  Riding home (40miles) on surface streets my forearm was burning half way home.  Traded in my 2017 Suzuki SV650 and never had such an issue.

Any tips to lighten up the Husky clutch pull?

Looking forward to the mods.  After addressing the clutch pull, bar-end mirrors.  The factory ones are useless to me.

https://i.imgur.com/r25khd8l.jpg

• This topic was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Avatarphishbed.
    • This topic was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by 407guy407guy.
    VanessaVanessa
    Participant

I agree that the stock mirrors are next-to-useless, and replaced mine with KTM Duke 390 ones, much much better.

I have a lot of problems with heavy clutch pulls on bikes due to my small hands and joint problems and pain. Luckily Husqvarna offers a Rekluse clutch as an approved optional accessory, so I got my dealer to fit one when I ordered the bike from new so it’s covered by the factory warranty. This clever clutch has made a big difference to my city commute. I can leave the bike in gear and come to a stop without touching the clutch lever. Then just rev the engine to pull away as the Rekluse works centrifugally. I only have to use the clutch to change up. Down changes are also done clutch-free thanks to the Rekluse.

Best bike mod ever!

Participant

I have a Vitpilen and the clutch and brake levers have the adjustment for distance. Have you adjusted these to fit your hand?

Have you lubed the clutch cable? Maybe it is dry and causing increased friction.

I don’t find the clutch heavy at all, in fact I find it very light. But I also ride my Ural, Harley, CCM and Ninja, with the Ural the heaviest and the Ninja the lightest. The Vitpilen is a little heavier than the Ninja.

407guy407guy
    Participant

Yeah, dunno about the clutch.  Maybe getting used to a new bike?  But wow, my forearm was shot after 20 miles in city traffic.

Going to ride some more this weekend to see how it is but I was definitely thinking about some lube for it.

407guy407guy
    Participant

Does anyone know why when I attempt to post pictures my post is “awaiting moderation” and seems to be hanging in limbo?  I’m only asking because I’ve seen others posting pictures since I tried to post mine.

Is there something I’m missing with posting of pictures ???

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

I had the same issue, I think it’s just the mods checking to make sure what you’re posting is genuine and not spam or something. They seem to take about a day to approve the posts with photos in them. Make sure your pics are not too big either, as that causes problems too. This isn’t a very heavily patronised forum, so there probably aren’t lots of mods always online here.

407guy407guy
    Participant

Wow, okay thanks Vanessa.  Crazy it’s been plus 24 hours since I posted….

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

You could ask one of the moderators, @qwandree is a mod, they will probably know much better than me.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by VanessaVanessa.
    407guy407guy
    Participant

Added a couple of things:

1. I wanted to add vinyl wrap to the sides where my legs rest against the plastic.  After one ride I already saw the scratches.  After a few attempts to create a “template” I decided to instead cut several squares of the vinyl and overlay them on each other.  It’ll do for now…

2.  Added the bar end mirrors.  HUGE difference for me on the right side, not so much on the left.

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

Nice! Cool helmet too, suits the bike. My helmet has big cat ears and a bow on it.

I must admit that I like the scratches that my legs leave on the side panels. It’s the patina of riding and bonding with the bike. I’m weird like that.

I daren’t fit bar-end mirrors as they increased the width of the bike and I do a lot of filtering/lane-splitting through traffic so the narrower the better for me.

407guy407guy
    Participant

Thanks Vanessa!

I can’t lane “share” here in Florida so went with the bar end mirrors.

Helmet is O’Neal Slat with some an eBay goggle/facemask combo.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.