New rear tyre recommendations

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Raoul
    Participant

Hi Guys,

So I’m down to steel strands on my factory fitted vitpilen 701.

What new tyre recommendations have you got for my replacement.

Raoul
    Participant

Id add a video to show you but no clue how too easily(?)

SvartGuy
    Participant

Raoul when typing a new message hit the second to last button in the menus right above the message field that looks like a chain or link 👍

Max Kool
    Participant

What do you want, longevity? Grip? Wet weather or mostly dry?

PrimeRunner
    Participant

Does anyone know what exact psi is needed for front and rear tire of vitpilen 701? I don’t understand this “bar” thing

Nampus
    Participant
    Max Kool
    Participant

DerDient
    Participant

Hi there,

this could get an interesting thread. Im also thinking about new tires for ’21, but without hurry since the S21 die still have recent profile depth after 5000km.

The new s22 are probably the logic choice if you are happy with what you had in the first place..

I wonder though If someone here can name other alternatives, maybe even more track-focussed ones like the Dunlop Sportsmart TT or Metzeler racetec rr?

Kind regards

Max Kool
    Participant

I recently installed a pair of Conti Sport Attack 3, and really love them for canyon riding. They feel like they have a little softer carcass than the original tires. Steering is very neutral and a tad quicker than the S21 imho. And I like the fact that the compound change is gradual instead of three strips side by side.

That said, so many good tires to choose from.

DerDient
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Sure, I also like the plush feel of the a tire with softer carcass, but I am also keen to experience the benefits in feel of a stiffer one on the track.</p>
    I have to say with the narrow rear tire the number of options for so called hypersport tires for the Vitpilen is limited. On my list there are the s22 as a solid choice and the conti sport attack 4 as an equivalent variant.

But I am also thinking about the Dunlop Sportsmart TT for maximum track performance knowing that confidence on wet roads will shrink to an even lower level than before. :/

Would love to read more about your experience on tires for the Vitpilen!

Regards

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.