New Rage Cycles turn signals

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Bferrissc
    Participant

Just installed the New Rage Cycle LED turn signals.  Nice plug and play kit.   Nice design that integrates nicely with the Vitpilen design flow.    Have rear tail tidy and turn signals on order.  Bright!

Bferrissc
    Participant

Vanessa
    Participant

They look really good!

Bferrissc
    Participant

And from the seat, you can see that the blinker is on very easily since the white diffuser  wraps around to the back – I can never see the green arrow on the dash …

Kirkish Delight
    Participant

Looks great, what’s the build quality like?

Bferrissc
    Participant

Build quality is good – plugged straight into the existing connectors.   Not much too it.  I really like the diffuser so you get a bar light instead of the individual LED point lights.  Seems to fit nicely with the lines of the plastic holders.   Very light…you do have to make sure it’s aligned when you tighten down the SS bolt.

Biggest issue was jamming all of the wires back in the panel behind the headlight.  Like everything else on this bike, not much room under the covers.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Bferrissc.
    stroem
    Participant

I’ve heard complaints on build quality and that they look homemade up close, rough edges etc. Any close ups?

Bferrissc
    Participant

Good enough for me –

stroem
    Participant

Thanks, that looks way better than what I have seen before.

Bferrissc
    Participant

I hadn’t seen one close up, but I like the look so much, thought I would take the risk.

I’m happy ….

LifeCycle
    Participant

Those look good! Are you in the states? The reason I ask is did you need to get a relay changing since the stock blinkers are not LED?

Bferrissc
    Participant

I am in the states – Santa Cruz, Ca.    These don’t require a relay change…they built the modifications into turnsignals themselves so they are plug and play with existing relay.

http://www.newragecycles.com/Husqvarna_Vitpilen_701_Front_Turn_Signals_p/701-fb.htm

Bferrissc
    Participant

So I got the rear kit installed…..very clean, plug and play.   So happy to have that monstrosity of a rear hugger gone from the bike.

Bferrissc
    Participant

Bferrissc
    Participant

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.