New member Svartpilen or Vitpilen?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    jpgibson
    Participant

Went to dealer yesterday.Was only looking for a Svartpilen but they had a Vitpilen there- it looks WAY better IMHO but those bars were a bit of a (wrist) pain for my old lanky body. The Svartpilen’s seemed too high, if anything, and I’d swap them for slightly lower ones ( probs Renthal RC High bend- from my dirtbike days). I know looks are shallow BUT that’s part of the appeal, right? If I bought the Vitpilen I’d probs have to factor in the ABM kit…

The MY19 are $10500 ride away here in Oz, so they are an amazing deal ( unlike when they came out and were close to $19K ride away….)

Confused.

SpizGR
    Participant

If you had a poll running I’d vote Vit with lifted bars. 🙂

jpgibson
    Participant

that’s what I heading towards!

Nampus
    Participant

Have a look at the gilles tooling bar risers. A lot less work than the abm Superbike kit. And they retain the original lines of the Vit alot better.

https://www.gillestooling.com/produkte/lenkersysteme/variobar-verstellbare-stummellenker/2840/lenkererhoehung-kit-35-mm-schwarz

If you click on the photo in that link you get to see a few more pictures of the risers mounted on a bike as well.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Nampus.
    jpgibson
    Participant

Awesome thanks. 35mm V 90mm with the ABM. I think I’ll get the Vitpilen and see how I go.

SpizGR
    Participant

The Gilles bar risers are a brilliant solution. Thanks for sharing

I recently came across these “Tourin Bars”

:https://f1e.nz/oscommerce/product_info.php/products_id/735

made by F1E motorcycle works is NZ.

I have a pair on the way  🙂

Nampus
    Participant

Nice one! It’s good to see that more companies are offering parts for these bikes!

Max Kool
    Participant

Those Gilles risers are really nice!

jpgibson
    Participant

Just put a deposit on a Svartpilen. Vitpilen was sold, had a really nice guy interstate offer me his ( with ABM bar risers), but I think even with those, the Svartpilen will be more comfortable for me.

Stoked.

jpgibson
    Participant

Picked it up Thursday. Absolutely wrapt! Much better choice for me than the Vitpilen. Now let the mods begin!

Bferrissc
    Participant

SpizGR

Did you get the F1E clipon risers?    Are you happy with them.  Looking at those and the Gilles

barry

tyrannosaurusknox
    Participant

I just picked up a 2019 Svartpilen due to the rebates (my local dealer had it marked down to $7475 USD!!!), and I LOVE it. Love the feel and style, and I’m a sucker for the murdered-out matte black look. My only issue is that it seems like, if all the svart/vit models, there are the fewest accessories for the Svartpilen 701. That’s a bummer, as I’m a natural-born accessorizer lol

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.