New member, still deciding

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m about to get a motorcycle after being without the last few years and really like the looks and performance of  the Vitpilen.  It will probably be a couple of weeks before I buy.  The 2020 looks great in blue and spoked wheels.  Locally, there are some deals in previous models.  One dealership has a 2019 new for $7600 and a 2018 demo with 1300 miles for $6000.  The demo only has a couple of months left on the warranty though. With the 2020 model reduced pricing, I’m tempted to go with it for the warranty. Thoughts?

• This topic was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by AvatarScottz.
    Participant

Scott,

In Dec. I had a v similar decision, 2020 new or 2019 new. My dealer had both.  At first the blue n white took my fancy, spoked wheels n all, but after studying the bikes, I came to love the 18/19 look. I walked out the door on the 19,one mile on the odo for $7600 + tax.  Follow your heart I say and you’ll be one happy camper!

Participant

If that were me I would choose the 2018 demo bike. You could get the extended warranty (not worth it in my opinion) for peace of mind if you need that.

The 1300 mile bike will have had all its niggles already taken care of. If it has ever been dropped, unlikely, then it will have been rebuilt with OEM parts entirely. Probably never ridden past a puddle never mind the rain.

What’s not to love!

Participant

Thanks for the input.  I think I read somewhere on here that a change in the 19 year model reduces vibration more, would there really be much difference in the 18 model?

Participant

Hi

I haven’t heard anything about the reduced vibration for newer models, how Husky would approach that and make it work in real terms is hard to understand.

If this is your first Thumper then you may not be aware that vibration is part and parcel of owning this style of bike. Singles are vibey, you can dampen some of it here and there but the vibes are part of the charm!

Have you had chance to test ride one for a couple of hours minimum? Perhaps that would help you decide.

cheers

Participant

No, I haven’t yet.  Under the Bike Orders section of this forum there’s a post by Xus Sanchez about the 19 and up models having a slightly different camshaft.

Differences between 2018 and 2019 model

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by AvatarScottz.
    Participant

With the 2020 model reduced pricing<quoted

What is the reduced price? why would they reduce prices again is my question

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.