New here, here is my ride!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    BuddahBuddah
    Participant

BuddahBuddah
    Participant

BuddahBuddah
    Participant
    Participant

Looks good man, did you cut the muffler off? Or have a tail pipe made? I made a tool to cut out the baffle on the stock exhaust if you didnt cut the muffler off. The noise level will be between that tail pipe and baffled but 100% better sound. But I did enjoy it being louder lol I’m back and forth a lot lol.

BuddahBuddah
    Participant

I hade a original can from a 690 Duke, I just cut the piece I needed and painted it black. Think the sound is nice and the db level is ok. Im gonna do allot of trackdays and for that Im using a SC-project slipon from my old Duke. But for street use this is ok. Planing on keeping the “cat” just to keep it under 95db on trackdays. Running decat pipe is always a gamble to keep it under 95.

BuddahBuddah
    Participant

Some news… just swapped my can and crashbars from my 690Duke 🙂

Participant

Did you need to do anything special to mount the duke can?

BuddahBuddah
    Participant

Well the mounting on the passanger footrest was a bit hard, had to bend the clamp a bit. The angle was a bit off but I got it to fit quite good. Also the clamp on the joint between the cat and the slipon was hard to fit, had to but a longer bolt on the clamp.

BuddahBuddah
    Participant

Upgraded the rear shock with at custom built fully adjustable one from a KTM 690SMR. The shock is 5mm longer but works just fine. Tought it was a bit cheap to fit a shock that was not fully adjustable from the factory. This schock was built by a local suspension technician to fit my Duke690 -12 and is purpose built to do trackday riding.

BuddahBuddah
    Participant

Some uppgrades during winter:

New wave brakedisks (front and back)

New rims for streetuse ( with original tyres)

Single seat with gopro mount ( for track use)

Lipo battery (saves 2,5 kg)

Tank panels and front fender i getting wraped in matt black

DNA airfilter with open lid.

One thing I noticed was that the stock rims with BT R11 tyres are 5kg lighter than the thread rims with BT s21!! now thats allot. Using the thread rims on the street so does´nt really matter.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by BuddahBuddah.

Hey, looks good.

Can you tell more about your wrapped tank, once it is done? I have similar plans, but not sure about the colour yet.

I wonder if it is possible to get the foil properly over each side of the tank, also considering the strong foil stretching which is needed to catch the whole surface. Just hinking about the area where the 701 label is placed, seems challenging due to the massive 3D design of the plastic

BuddahBuddah
    Participant

Yes well, its being done by my local advertising firm. He told med it´s going to be a pain to get it nice but it should be doable, I´m kind of excited to see the result myself… 🙂

Gisby701Gisby701
    Participant

Hi Buddah, nice job on your ride!

I saw you reversed the gear shift. Is it working well?

Does the shift rod touch anywhere?

How did you adjust the A/F ratio for the changes?

Thanks

Participant

Hey Buddah. Nice details.

What color is there on the stickers on the rims? I guess they are from one-wheel.de / wheelsticker.de ? Is it matt, glossy or neon? If its matt og glossy – is it the number 025 yellow?

Thanks

Participant

Hey man. Looks good. I was thinking of changing the colour of my tank to dark grey or black. Can you share some more pics of the matt black tank (full bike pics)? Thanks. Paul

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.