New guy with a new 2019 Vitpilen and some custom parts

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’ve had it about a week now and I’m loving it.  Some changes need to be made to suit me but overall I’m enjoying being back on a bike.  I’ve got the mirrors sorted with some custom made bar ends that have a 7/8″ step for mounting.  Made out of 303 stainless and work with the stock weights.  I will powder coat them black soon but wanted to get rid of the stock mirrors as soon as possible.Bar ends

I’m also not a fan of plastic things if I can avoid it so the stock Svart take rack wouldn’t cut it.  Still ironing out the shape and the wing attachments but I’m liking the direction it’s going.

Tank rack

A radiator guard was up next.  I got some measurements wrong so it’s back to the drawing board on this one but most of it was there.  Next time should be good.

Radiator guard

And I’ve been working on getting rid of the rear license plate mount.  I started with a general model of the factory grab rail mount and 3d printed it.  Fitment isn’t exactly what I was going for so I’ll have to play around with it before trying again.

There has been a lot of rain so I’ve had time to design and make parts.  Nothing that will keep me down longer than a day or two though.  I’ve learned my lesson from my Daytona that’s still just a rolling chassis after wanting to do all the things at once!

Participant

looking good, love the radiator guard. I wish I have the tool and skills to make my own custom part but alas I have to open my wallet instead.

Love this stuff, makes me anxious to get started on mine when it comes in. Feels like a rip that Husqvarna doesn’t offer the tank rack as standard on the Vit like they do the Svart. Did you water jet(or CNC) those pieces? Could I borrow your DWG files lol.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.