Vans x Cult grips. Installed

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by rlarue rlarue 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Beckpilen
    Beckpilen
    Participant

Installed these grips on my svartpilen 401.  Contrary to popular opinion, you do not have to cut the stock ones off. Lift the edge with a screw driver and spray a little break cleaner in there. Twist it a bit and it’ll start to go. The throttle side is a bit more challenging. You can fold the outside edge over itself to expose these little tabs that hold the grip in place. Unnecessary in my opinion.  These will have to be ground off in order to work the grip off. I used a dremel and a file for the finish. There are also tabs on the other side of the grip, but these can be dealt with after you get the grip off. Be careful with your screwdriver on the throttle sleeve when making a gap for your brake cleaner spray. It was probably ok, but I felt nervous that I might crack the sleeve. I wiped everything down and slid the new vans grips on, liberally lubricated with isopropyl alcohol. The throttle side needed some patience and extra isopropyl but eventually got in place. The husqvarna 401 grip size you need is 7/8 (I wrote it like that so someone could find that info easier than I did on a google search. Let the grips set overnight, and then you should be g2g. Cheers!

ps. That’s the SP connect phone holder. It’s amazing and well worth it. Highly recommend it. Next little bit of trim is the oem brake res cap, and replacing those wack aluminum AliExpress mirror plugs with knurled black plugs that I’ve seen some of you have. All of that is currently being shipped, with my cat delete and rim stickers.

• This topic was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Beckpilen Beckpilen. Reason: Forgot something
    Fred from france
    Fred from france
    Participant

to assemble the most simple handle is to use an air compressor.

Pretty sweatshirt winnie the pooh lol

Beckpilen
    Beckpilen
    Participant

Thanks Fred. I don’t own an air compressor, and I assume I’m not the only one here in that predicament. My intention with this post was to explain the issues someone will encounter with the plastic tabs hidden beneath the grip. It can be unnerving for a lot of people who are not as experienced as you may be, to grind off things on their brand new motorcycle.

Ps. It’s Calvin & Hobbes on the sweater, and my son loves them. That’s all that matters.

🤘

rlarue
    rlarue
    Participant

😂😂😂 I’d rock that Calvin & Hobbes shit and I don’t even have a kid. Those grips are dope. Did you swap them for aesthetics or the feel?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.