New Akra Exhaust on Svart 701

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    David BrazilDavid Brazil
    Participant

I had an Arrow on the bike, complete with decat, but knew that there is better perf from this Akra full system. It was expensive and required some customization, but it looks great. It IS quieter than the Arrow, in a good way. It is very throaty, but not as sharp. I always thought the Arrow was a tad on the “too loud” side. So this is a good change.

Only bracket I know of that would fit is from Pirate, but it’s not available at the moment. So I had to improvise. I initially was going to get a piece of steel and shape it, but then thought I’d take a diff route – I 3D printed it.

Strong enough? I think in pure strength, yes. I could stand on it and it will not break. In vibratory and longevity, not sure. It’s currently made from PLA, but I’m going to reprint it in polycarbonate, and that is significantly stronger and more durable. I’m nearly certain it will hold up. If not, I’ll sandwich a piece of steel between two 3D printed parts, and that definitively will be strong enough, and look good.

Akra did a great job. But lots of dough. Even on sale, it was around $1200-1300.

And, with the Badwinners bracket, the lower shroud fits as well.

Next month, I’m off to the dyno for a tune for this guy. I have the PCV already installed.

Tomorrow, I get to take it out for the first ride.

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

very nice!

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

Woah! Nice work there!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.