New 2022 Svartpilen

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Swolenhip
    Participant

I have been lurking for a couple months and finally joined up.

I live in St Thomas USVI and have been here for 3 years in September. I brought a Honda XR 650L when we moved here. It stopped running a few months ago so I sold it(sold for $100 more than I paid for it in States!) and I was so glad to see it go.

I started looking for my next bike once I decided to sell my Honda and I settled on a 2022 Svartpilen 401, knew I wanted fuel injection along with something with a decent suspension as the roads are horrible here. I received my bike about 2 weeks ago crated and I had to do the uncreating, as well as, installing the handle bars and putting acid in battery and charging. Got it running the next day and have put a little over 100 miles on it so far. So far I like the bike, the suspension is a bit harsh compared to the pillow XR650L, but it does handle much better and is so low to the ground which I love.

There are no motorcycle shops here so I ordered the parts for my first service. Also got extra tubes for the tires, a cover and mirrors as the stock ones suck! I bought the cheap tusk bar end mirrors $20 each and they work great. I removed bar ends and used the bolt( from bar end) and the spacer from the tusk mirror and mounted them up. The environment here is pretty harsh so a cover was definitely needed for the new bike. I bought the Nelson Rigg Ultimate medium size cover from RMATV and it fits awesome. This cover is less than $80 and it looks great compared to the 2 covers I went through from Car Covers at $130 each for the Honda, and it has lifetime warranty.

I really appreciate the information on the forum and will try to add helpful information as I enjoy the new ride.

dt-fox
    Participant

Nice bike! I just bought a 2022 Vitpilen 401 this weekend and have gotten ~40 miles down, I have really loved the bike.

Do you have picture of the new mirrors installed? I have been wanting to do something similar but couldn’t decide which brand to go with.

Swolenhip
    Participant

Swolenhip
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Thought I would add picture of the cover also. Very happy with it.</p>

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.