New 2022 Svartpilen 401

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    nuckingfoob
    Participant

401Picked up a brand spanking new 2022 Svartpilen 401. Rode about 10 miles. Everything is phenomenal, coming from a 2018 Vitpilen 701. Acceleration is not lacking, comfort level is high, suspension is fully adjustable, and the quickshifter really sold me. Also, I like how quiet the bike is.

However, it nearly impossible to find neutral! Unless the bike is turned off, any attempt to carefully shift into neutral while the engine is running does not work (clutch is fully depressed, no excess cable slack either). Not really a problem since the clutch pull is so light that I can just hold it in first gear, but still, I was not expecting that. Also, when I do the initial 600mi/1000km service, I’m going to face a $330 bill. I have to get that service done by the dealer to not void the warranty. I really hate that, especially since I am very mechanically inclined and already know how to do maintenance on a motorcycle.

Anyways, I’m looking forward to commuting and canyon carving with this bike for many miles to come.

Swolenhip
    Participant

Nice bike! I also have a 2022 401 and the only time I have been able to hit neutral while running is by accident and at bad times😉. I am hoping it will be easier after the breakin period. I will be doing the service myself as I do not have a dealer here on Island.

typeais
    Participant

I too have noticed this. I’ll show 1st gear and start letting off the clutch to see it’s changed to N. Its very sensitive.

TEGDOG
    Participant

My 2022 was impossible to find N at first, with 1000 miles its a little better, I have got in the habit of “looking” for neutral before coming to a complete stop, that makes it much easier!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.