New 2018 701 purchase

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    CHVIT
    Participant

Hi everyone, great forum here.

I’ve always liked the looks of the Vitpilen. I had not even heard about them when I saw one at a dealer a few years ago. It certainly got my attention.
    I’m considering buying a new (unused) Vitpilen 701 2018 model and wanted to ask a few questions. From reading the forums it seems they’ve had their share of issues. If I were to buy this bike that will come with a 2 year warranty, what should I have the dealer do before even taking delivery?

Gas tank, clutch slave, anything else? Are there actual recall numbers for these and are they mandatory or do they get done when things fail?

All input greatly appreciated.

David Brazil
    Participant

Make sure the battery is fully charged and new. This bike is very sensitive to it, and they have often come with compromised batteries. Def the slave cylinder upgrade.

Make sure you have the full warranty – this bike seems to need it.

Good luck.

Anonymous

Mandatory recalls on: gastank (replacement), clutch slave(replacement), numberplate hanger(check “spline” alignment and bolttorque).

If you have the VIN number, you can look the bike up on Husqvarna homepage under “Service” and see all history for the bike.

I find the frontbrake to be weak on my bike, better brakepads is recommended.
    Yes, concider have the battery replaced to a better model, maybe as part of the deal 😉

CHVIT
    Participant

Thanks for the replies.

It’s happening. Picking her up tomorrow

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.