My white (silver-) arrow arrived today

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Eratosthenes
    Participant

Moin, moin! (==Hi!)

Today I received my Vitpilen 701. The ride is slightly modified.

– License plate holder: gone
    – Mirrors: the nice small Huski ones mounted
    – Hand protectors added

What is missing: A nice exhaust to come… ;->
    Any hints? – Infos welcome.

See the pics below…

From the left...

Front view...

The right side.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Eratosthenes. Reason: Vitpilen Husqvarna 701
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Eratosthenes. Reason: typo
    PDSOUNDS
    Participant

Hey, congrats with the bike!

This is the first time I see someone installed the second option mirrors from Husqvarna.

For me it does not make THAT much (looks of the bike) difference to spend money on them.

I drove with the Svart401 with the end-bar mirrors, I drove with the 701 with the standard mirrors and I prefer the Husqvarna end-bar mirrors (standing UP).

The mirrors you have I did not test. Are they good? It seems for me that the problem of visualization stays: also blocked with your arms?

Did you test the end-bar mirrors, there the visualization is next to your arm and perfect! Happy to hear your thoughts.

Anyway! Enjoy your cool bike! It’s really nice!

Grtz

PD

Wvblackgun
    Participant

Awesome! Welcome to the Forum.  I Dig the mirrors.

As far as exhaust goes I am fairly partial to the De-cat and Lv10 From Leo-Vince, still not a whole lot of options out right now TBH. But I haven’t heard it in person. Regardless, sweet bike (of course) and im sure you are already in love with it.

Enjoy!

Eratosthenes
    Participant

Hi PDSOUNDS,

the mirrors look incredibly well! The optics and haptic is so much better than the original.

Why I mounted them is that I love the hand protectors (see below). Because of this – and because I HATE bar end mirrors made me think about an other option… ;->

THE bar end...

@the mirrors:
    I haven’t driven the 701. Of course I don’t expect to see anything else as my hands/arms. – I don’t need mirrors but I have to mount them as law makes me to… 🙁

Acording to the muffler: As even the Acrapovic seems not to sound to well I am thinking about “modifying” the main muffler (*) and keeping the original “Endtopf” (*sorry, I don’t have a translation for it… 🙁 ).

I’ll have to spend some exploration on how to get the right sound. Leovince I think has a “Mitteltopf(*)” for the 701, don’t they?

I’ll first ride and see.

MfL
    der Eratosthenes

P.S.: (*)

“mittelschalldämpfer” == middle silencer?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Eratosthenes. Reason: P.S.: added
    Eratosthenes
    Participant

SUPER mono?Here an other pic of the mirror – doesn’t it look sexy?!

Mirror

OK! It has to be moved down a bit…

Add 2: Isn’t this a F*CKING nice ride?

SUPER mono?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Eratosthenes. Reason: pic added
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Eratosthenes. Reason: 1st upload has failed
    Eratosthenes
    Participant

A photo I shot today.

Vit standing in front of the Transrapid rail

The bike is standing in front of the rail of the Transrapid test track. The track is out of order since there was a huge accident in 2006.

You also see a maintainance vehicle. I was 5 min late as the guys entered the train and drove away after I shot the photo.

If I would have been 5min earlier I would have tried everything to ride with them.

P.S.: The Transrapid area looks surreal if you go there.

Transrapid area

Could be a scene of Fallout 5, couldn’t it?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Eratosthenes.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Eratosthenes.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.