my new vitpilen 701

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    andy
    Participant

love this bike so far, already put 400 miles on it in a week of riding.

almost time for the service soon which i hear will unlimit my power from 40hp to the full 75hp

already bought the gilles 35mm riser, bar end mirrors, and fender delete.. thinking about leaving the stock exhaust because my first bike before this had aftermarket exhaust that sounded nice but way too loud, also don’t want to spent 1,000+ for different sound and mess with the ECU/sensors in exhaust.

Anonymous

nice 🙂

Nampus
    Participant

Congratulations on the new bike!

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Nampus.
    mitchot
    Participant

What’s this about the service opening it up to full horse power? Can’t say I’ve heard that before, is it part of the first 1000km (600mile) service or something?

Welcome by the way, the bikes are awesome right 😆

andy
    Participant

i don’t know where i’ve read that @mitchot

according to the servicing manual and dealer they only do a oil change for the first service.. 450$ however.

went ahead and purchased the full oil service kit on ktm’s site for 90$ free shipping 😉

Nampus
    Participant

The bike is not limited the first 1000km, but the shift light is set at about 6000rpm, the dealer will reset the service indicator and change the shift light to the normal max rpm at the first service, somewhere around 9000rpm I think.

jaysgarage
    Participant

Congrats!  Great photo!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.