My modifications ( and effects) so far

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

15T front sprocket: mild improvement in 1st gear useability, 6th still a bit tall for my speeds ( never >120kph)

42T rear: back to ‘Boldor’ specs. A little busy at 110kph but really good everywhere else

eBay fuel dongle:NOT Rottweiler but similar. Stopped the glowing header/fan coming on a lot.

Drilled 3 holes in airbox lid after watching Pirate video: not really any difference

Leo Vince LV-10: this was only $400 delivered ( to Aus). Looks and sounds good. I know LV’s dyno shows a performance REDUCTION, but I feel with the fuelling changes on closed loop ( see above), it is a lot peppier and quicker to rev. The front will come up under throttle and a tiny tug on the bars. It didnt before ther LV.And I leave TC on.

eBay $15 bar end mirrors: quite a surprise. I can actually see behind me now! The bike looks heaps better too ( I know, I’m superficial ).

Removed the ‘number plate’: I thought it looked fugly.It looks heaps better now- like a real stealthy beast!

I wont be doing anything else as I think it’s pretty well perfect now.Total cost $550 AUD

• This topic was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by Avatarjpgibson.
    Participant

whoops, I forgot my $50 eBay cnc 25mm lowered footpegs. Awesome for the long legged!

Participant

How tall are you JP? You find the lowered footpegs make much difference?

Participant

About 6’2″, and yes, they made quite a difference.Brake pedal required no adjustment ( it was much better with the lowered pegs), and the shifter required a little bit. And they look good!

Participant

Cool, I’m the same height. Don’t suppose you could please provide a link to the pegs you bought?

Participant
    Participant

cheers bud, was it tricky adjusting the gear peg?

Participant

Nope.Loosen the 10mm lock nuts and rotate the rod.It’s in the manual too.

-$50 eBay knockoff radiator guard. Perfect fit! https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HOT-Moto-Radiator-Grille-Guard-Cover-For-Husqvarna-Vitpilen-701-2018-2020-LOGO/262913338197?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

No instructions, so I used the evotech ones.again, pretty self explanatory , the guard  goes behind the plastic cowlings

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.