My custom Vitpilen

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Jimmye
    Participant

This is my 701 custom with inspiration coming from my old 1975 Husky CR250.

I did pretty much the usual stuff pipe, cat delete, power commander. Etc.

Jimmye
    Participant

Jimmye
    Participant

Jimmye
    Participant

Jimmye
    Participant

Jimmye
    Participant

Jimmye
    Participant

Jimmye
    Participant

Anonymous

WOW ! amazing looking bike and a real head turner, great work!

could I ask you how you made the 701 tags for the tank, are they painted or printed?

Nampus
    Participant

Very good looking paint scheme! The svartpilen seat looks nice as well!

Any difference in comfort compared to the original seat?

mitchot
    Participant

Mate, this looks terrific! Awesome job on the colours and the styling of extras. I like the little wind guard near the speedo.

I also am interested in the comfort compared to the original seat.

Jimmye
    Participant

Thanks guys. As far as seat comfort it could be slightly better but I believe it’s more to the cover and not the foam which feels about the same.

The tank logos are made of mirror finished stainless steel, they where waterjet cut and the 701 logo is the original decal. Then all held on with double sided tape.

I have spares.

Anonymous

Hi thanks for a reply 🙂

You would have a cad drawing of the design? SS wouldn’t match my bike so I would have to paint them but it would be a shame. On the other hand it would be easier than trying to remove the “chrome” from the Husky add onn tank pads… what are we looking at in terms of price ?

Jimmye
    Participant

I can probably find the drawing I had done in cad for the water jet guy. They cost approx 30.00 cad per pair. But yes if you don’t want a mirror finish I would us a different material or finish.

Anonymous

30 CAD is a bargain! My guess is that I’m looking at at least twice as much in Norway, if not more..

Can you please check what the cost of shipping a pair to Norway would be? I could buy a pair if you want to get rid of the “over stock” (you could just stick them in an envelope with some cardboard on each side for support/protection) and if it’s not to much I can buy a pair from you 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.