my custom built vitpilen (Netherlands)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  chefmenteur 5 days, 8 hours ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

bettercallpaul
    Participant

Hi Guys,

Here is a shot of my custom vitpilen 401. I have been a member for some time, but never had the chance yet to post my bike. You can see many more photos on my Instagram channel @paul_vanml.

Here are the things i changed.

– Hyperpro suspension

– DNA racing filter

– Akrapovic exhaust

– Motogadget blinkers front and back

– new paintjob

– new seat

– custom license plate holder

– small OEM parts from Husqvarna, like plates, mirrors, levers and so on.

The only thing i will change this winter is a new set of wheels and Pirelli Scorpion tires. Hope you like it!

Vitpilen 401

jamie
    Participant

have followed you on insta for a while, love this – was thinking of having mine wrapped, a blocker has been the yellow stickers on the body work and where i guess they’d leave marks if removed as they appear to have been varnished on… how did you over come that problem to achieve a very smooth finish?

cheers!

bettercallpaul
    Participant

Thanks for following Jamie! My initial thought was to wrap it as well, but you are very right about the yellow stickers. I decided to take it all off and after sanding it i spraypainted it in lambo grey. Same count for the back end which has the yellow 401 which i did not want anymore.

rod frost
    rod frost
    Participant

How do you like that Hyperpro suspension? I just ordered a rear shock.

bettercallpaul
    Participant

Its great! Absolutely love it. Way better than stock.

Coolbreeze
    Coolbreeze
    Participant

Congrats! This is the most beautiful Pilen I have ever seen!

I have a Svartpilen since one month, with the same akrapovic and a cat delete, and I ´d like to put off the yellow stickers from it.

After that I would like to put away all the varnish to have a black mat bike.

I have no idea of how to make this varnish dissapear… Does anybodybody can tell me how to do?

Anyway those Pilen are really a lot of fun to ride!

Keep Enjoying!

GorData
    Participant

I want to get a rear shock. Do you have the model so I can contact my local dealer?

kungfupoulet
    Participant

@bettercallpaul Love the direction you took with your bike. I’d like to know where you had your seat done. It looks so much more comfortable than the stock one.

Chris Giller
    Participant

I absolutely love what you have done with it @bettercallsoul! Got some questions i was hoping you could answer tho.

Ive ordered the Svart and waiting impatiently for it. In the meantime im looking around for moods and better upgrades. I wanna make mine a bit more scrambler friendly. Mainly for fire roads and gravel, but you know…Also for the looks of it 🙂

– Hyperpro suspension: Which modell is it and how does it ride with the front cartridge. Do you know of any other more scrambler suited suspension for these bikes?

DNA Filter: Does it make any sense to purchase this filter if i dont upgrade the exhaust?

Thanks!

// Chris

chefmenteur
    Participant

Did you use Motogadget pin lights? Are they on either side of the tail tidy?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.