My 2020 Svartpilen 401 from SF Bay Area.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    FG1911
    Participant

Vinyl wrapped. Urban geo camo. Created my own hugger fender delete. OEM Light grill/protector. T-Rex Engine crash guard, mnnthbx  axle sliders, deleted passenger pegs and replaced the stock turn signals with LED KTM lights.

Vanessa
    Participant

I like it!

FG1911
    Participant

Thank you Vanessa for liking it. I got rid of the camo wrap. It looks too busy. Here’s how it looks now. I am thinking of blackening those silver footrest holders.

Vanessa
    Participant

Oh, that’s a shame, I really liked the camo wrap colours.

Those footrest holders are black on the pre-2020 401’s. They do look better black than silver.

stroem
    Participant

Do those KTM signals use the same connectors? Do you have a part number for them?

FG1911
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback Vanessa. I’ll blacken those footrest. I will re-camo it again maybe. Same geo-camo pattern but maybe darker. But not anytime soon. I think I like it simpler at this time.

FG1911
    Participant

They have a different connector. I cut the KTM connector and spliced it to the Husky connectors.  Also, I installed a relay for LED lights similar to this youtube link https://youtu.be/YLZ4jYwAEZU

sorry I dont have part number for the lights. I got it from ebay. Take off part from a KTM rider i guess. It’s the one in the pictures. A resistor came with each light assembly.

FG1911
    Participant

The $77.86 was for 4 lights. The base fits perfectly and it’s metal unlike the original which is rubber. Use heat shrink tubings on your splicings or soldering. One of my original front signal was poorly attached to the base, and factory deformed during fitment actually. It keeps falling off from the rubber base. The original front signals are long drooping down like bull horns. I am not impressed with the Bajaj quality. The wiring harnesses were poorly assembled. There were shrink tubings that came up short and insulations that are loose. I have to put electrical tape on some of them. I don’t like the welded crossbar on the handlebar in this 2020 model. I prefer the clamped version on the Austrian built 401s.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by FG1911.
    Naiomi
    Participant

Beautiful bike! Did you have any issues installing the mnnthbx axle sliders? I wanted to get some for my Svartpilen 401 (2020) but most of the comments said they had to modify their bike for them to fit

FG1911
    Participant

I did not have any problem installing them without the hugger fender. You might need a longer screw for the rear left slider if you have the hugger fender installed.
    i just wish they were smaller. They look bulky.

Porque BUBI
    Participant

funky and aggressive!

svartpit
    Participant

Hi there,

Really nice looking.

Your license plate holder looks very fine. Could you tell me the brand / ref of it ?

thanks in advance

FG1911
    Participant

I made them myself. After I made them, someone posted a similar but better version on line. You should be able to google the best way to have a sinilar installed. Think twice before you do so. I changed my mind and re-installed the fender back. After all I think the hugger fender looks better if you just remove the ugly side reflectors. Of course, that is just how I see it. Maybe with the shorter chassis older model it looks better without it. It is more proportionate with the 2020 model with slightly longer chassis and lower ground clearance.

FG1911
    Participant

I did some more work. I replaced the 2020 exhaust with a take off 2018 exhaust cat and pre-muffler. Bought a cheap amazon muffler that sounds great. I have a better ground clearance now as well. I have a new bottom fender from a 2018 svart that i still yet  to fabricate an installation bracket because they cant be had anywhere and expensive. I painted the panels and they just look like that one I saw on youtube with a twist🙂. It looks like its 2018 sister that is >$2000 more expensive. I noticed that with the 2018 exhaust system, the vibration is less. Shout out to SF Bay Area Folks. I will sell this bike before registration expires (07/21). Watch out! I want to share the fun experience.

• This reply was modified 9 months ago by FG1911.
    FG1911
    Participant

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.