Moving grips for bar end mirrors

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    bcpilotguy
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I bought myself some CRG Lane Splitters to replace the stock Mickey Mouse ears. Unfortunately with the bar weights off I found there isn’t enough exposed clip on to fit the mirrors.</p>

<li style=”text-align: left;”>What’s the secret to moving the grips? I tried hitting them with a heat gun, but I don’t want to take that too far at risk of damaging the grip. I’d like to avoid cutting the grips if I can, but if I have to I will. How did you install your bar ends?
    Nampus
    Participant

The left hand grip is glued on. So moving that without cutting it off is going to be difficult.

The right hand grip can be moved by loosening the screws that hold the startbutton cluster and then sliding the holding unit to the left.

What  I did: I had a friend with a lathe who machined the original bar ends down, so I could put the mirrors on those without having to move the grips.

bcpilotguy
    Participant

Nampus, that looks super slick! Unfortunately I don’t have any friends in a machine shop so I think I’m going to have to get to work with a razor blade.

Omoishiroi
    Participant

What about these? I have them on my xdiavel. They extend the mounting space beyond the bar end. Not sure if they will take any mirror or just motogadget.

Motogadget m.View Bar End Mirror Adapters https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/motogadget-mview-bar-end-mirror-adapters

bcpilotguy
    Participant

I was hoping to keep my stock bar weights but something like that might be my only option.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by bcpilotguy.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.