Motogadget Motoscope Pro

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    monkeynutsmonkeynuts
    Participant

Ive been having lots of restless nights thinking about how I can fit and get the Motoscope Pro speedo installed and working on the Vitpilen 701, As I know nothing about Can Bus I had to keep the original speedo on the bike, the following is what I’ve been unto so far !

new dash strip down-Socket removed from the rear with cables soldered direct to the rear of the display. This reduced the depth of the display by about 20mm to allow me to fit it in a new case !The case is nearly finished, the total depth is 22mm, with three push buttons to allow operation of the dash functions. The reason for keeping the dash is so that I can get feeds from the LED’s on the display. ABS, TC, neutral, engine fault and immobiliser. I’m also installing 2 push buttons next to the new dash to enable me to disable the ABS and TC.

The dash is going to be slipped down in the space made by fitting a lithium battery.

One problem I have had is that the new dash will be wired up with the Breakout box B, this needs a 12v signal for the error display and a neutral switch contact for indication of the gearbox being in neutral. The LED voltage is about 1.6v with what I presume is a PWM output of 500Hertz, the PWM output caused another problem in that the voltage that the 12v miniature relays were getting was only 6v, installing the capacitors rectified this problem and gave me the desired 12v to activate the miniature relays, I now have 2 relays with an isolated output one 12v output and a neutral output.  The small PCB is what I came up with, it has a PhotoMos relay, this takes the feed from the LED,s and gives me the feed to operate the miniature relays. I also covered the PCB with lacquer to hell keep the moisture out. 

I cut open the wiring loom to relocate the original speedo supply plug under the gas tank. Trust me when I say that the wiring is a real rats nest of cables all crossing over, I had to cut quite a few cable, untangle them, take feeds from the loom for the Breakout box before re wrapping the loom.

The headlight mask/speedo holder cut-up with a blank covering the hole, just need to make a SS bracket to mount the new dash, two push buttons and three LEDs for ABS, TC, and immobiliser .

monkeynutsmonkeynuts
    Participant

Disappointing news today, got to wait a few weeks for display to arrive !

SvePilSvePil
    Participant

Interesting tread. Will be following this projekt. Not guite shure here but are you stuffing the old display under your seat and from there feed the motoscope display on the handlebar?

monkeynutsmonkeynuts
    Participant

The case with the old display slips down in the space made by fitting the lithium battery. It is all coming together very nicely, would be better if Motogadget made a display that would connect up to the original Can-bus system, but they have confirmed that they have nothing to enable this.

The new loom from the original display goes to the R/H side of the bike where the ECU is located, this is where the breakout Box and my PCB will be located, the new display cable will connect unto the Breakout box there too.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by monkeynutsmonkeynuts.
    SvePilSvePil
    Participant

Ok. hope you get it all together and working. Somtimes i miss the old days before all the mumbo jumbo went in.

monkeynutsmonkeynuts
    Participant

The Motogadget Motoscope Pro dash arrived today. Mounting bracket made with push buttons for TC & ABS, LED’s for TC, ABS and the immobiliser pope in place to get a look at what it may end up looking like !

The dash was supplied by Simon @ Bikermart.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.