More clutch issues!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Participant

400km on my bike. Yesterday was running into a red light when I found out clutch was extremely light and I couldn’t get from 1st to N and stalling.

After that shock and testing a little bit I found out that after pumping 3 or 4 times it works. You feel it. But then it stops working again and becomes really soft.

With motor not running. It works perfectly. With running motor it’s the same story all over again.

So far I haven’t noticed drop in liquid level. But didn’t touch the bike again.

Will let you know what service says.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by AvatarScytaleus.
    WvblackgunWvblackgun
    Participant

Ok, so i had same on my 701 since mile 1000.
    Im now at 8800, and it chugs a whole reservoir in 8 clutch pulls. No drips at all. Never ate fluid when it was 1st stalling. The slave cylinder (on crankcase, left side) is leaking into the crankcase. As there is no dripping yet it drinks fluid like crazy. Take her in and get the slave cylinder replaced under warranty. It took me like 3 trips to dealer to get this fixed. And honestly it was my own troubleshooting to solve it. Like you, it started out stalling w clutch in, but not consuming fluid. It was getting air through the crankcase via a leak, and eventually youll notice it chugging DOT4 fluid and stranded. Nipp her in the budd.

The lightness, the pumping, all verbatim with mine. Dont wait man, get her to dealer and DEMAND a new slave cylinder under warranty. Unless your clutch perch is pouring fluid then its the master. Also try bleeding air 1st. There is a bleeder on clutch (looks like a grease fitting) bleed it 1st, then bleed the slave on crank. I can type up procedure if needed. If that doesn’t work tell your dealer to replace slave cylinder Good luck bud!

I told husqvarna that im gonna smash it with my 323f cat excavator and freight the pieces to their customer service center in murietta CA LOL
    needless to say, they never called me back that time lol
    Good luck man.

Participant

Hey WvBlackgun. I did bleed first the master, and then the slave. Still same problem. Reservoir is now below MIN line and not a single drop outside the system. All is going into the motor. Already talked to service and they are going to replace slave. Still I am looking into buying an Oberon and replace it with it (after they change the current one). Or just have it to spare just in case.

Hope this is the last problem!

QwandreeQwandree

If there’s no leak under bike, your clutch fluid is indeed going into engine. There is an oil change in your future. Make your dealer do it with the warranty repair.

I put an oberon unit on when my oem slave cylinder failed (didn’t even do the warranty). It’s pricey but definitely better.

Participant

So they are making the first service (oil change included) + the cylinder change under warranty.

After that in goes the Oberon, just finished ordering one in black. But I want them to service it so no to void the warranty.

QwandreeQwandree

Nice.

Participant

could you provide a link to that part?

Participant

http://www.oberon-performance.co.uk/acatalog/Husqvarna.html

Its the CLU-1000 Model. It doesn’t matter that the Vitpilen 701 is not shown in the list. Its still the same part, they are updating the website soon (I emailed them). It says “Replaces (OEM Part) 79432061044”..

and if you go to:

https://sparepartsfinder.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/ComponentGroupTemplate/Index/50076?modelidentifier=1001179188&isEngine=True

Part number #24

You can check its the same OEM number for the cylinder. In case you want to double check.

Participant

Im in the us, I found it at a supplier here. You used the one for the 701 supermoto right?

Participant

Yes although they are all the same l. It’s mostly a list to show in which bike it works. And they emailed them and hey told memit’s compatible. Some people already made the switch here.

WvblackgunWvblackgun
    Participant

I just wanted to add that if it is leaking into the crankcase, your oil and filters are contaminated. Dot4 hyd fluid will peel paint off a car. you  Don’t want that in your oil. Don’t let them wiggle by saying “its not much” They also owe you, under warranty, a new filter kit w screens and all new fluids. I had to convince my dealer of this but the ultimately did replace under warranty. This is pretty important

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by WvblackgunWvblackgun.
    WvblackgunWvblackgun
    Participant

i’m a foreman of a Heavy equipment repair shop, and you have to DEMAND whats right, or they will shirk you.

I may be the most annoying customer at my dealership, but I only want what is right, and always treat people with respect, itll take you far

Participant

I also have an issue: The “break fluid” on the clutch is completely gone. The service is less than 200km ago and the clutch worked fine when I started.

Stopping at a traffic light I wasn’t able to use the clutch and the tiny bin was nearly empty. 2km – 3km later all fluid was gone. Nothing came out. Both cylinders (on the bar and the slave cylinder) are dry. There’s no fluid anywhere…

Now the Vitpilen is at the workshop and I hope to get it back soon.

I’m on vacation and tomorrow I wanted to ride the Nordschleife. Hope to be able to do this when the bike is back next week…

MfL
    der Eratosthenes

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by AvatarEratosthenes.
    Participant

The issue has been fixed.

A seal in the clutch cylinder was defective.

Keep the fingers crossed that the Vit now will work.

What a nice bike…

MfL
    der Eratosthenes

Participant

Picked up my brand new 2020 701 Vitpilen today. Seven miles into the odometer, I pull in the clutch lever and nothing.

Clutch lever not working all, clutch not releasing.

Nursed it the rest of the way home in 3rd gear. Once the bike sits for a few minutes, not running, the clutch lever starts working again. No  noticeable drop in liquid in the reservoir.

The parts on the 2020 are Magura. 7 Miles…sheesh…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.