More mods + FLURO YELLOW PAINT!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Participant

More updates/mods on the Vitpilen 401.

Current mod list:

– LV10 slip on

– hand made centre muffler delete

– R&G frame sliders

– R&G radiator guard

– Bar end mirrors

– Fluro yellow rear fairings and front fender sides

Participant

Participant

B.I.SavageB.I.Savage
    Participant

Lookin good.

Hows it run with that exhaust setup?

And is it loud as **** or still within reason?

ScubadubbersScubadubbers
    Participant

Looks great 👌.

Participant

.It’s definitely more responsive, particularly in the mid range. I’ve noticed it runs cooler as well on the temp gauge. It doesn’t get to 4 bars while riding anymore, only if I’m stuck at the lights for a few minutes.</p>
    It isn’t quiet, it’s on the loud limit for me personally. Any louder, would be too much. I can pop it up a gear and coast without making too much noise. When I open it up, it’s pretty barking loud. It’s a great sound though, big smile every time I open it up😁👌

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by AvatarBradSpeed.
    B.I.SavageB.I.Savage
    Participant

And how did you go about the custom muffler delete?

I was considering taking a leovince cat delete/premuffler replacement pipe and shortening it to make it work with a cat so that only the big premuffler gets replaced with the leo premuffler.

Not sure about what to do with the connectors, got me thinking it would take 2x of the leo pipe to make 1x premuffler only replacement pipe….

Participant

I got the competition werkes muffler delete. It is a bit pricey but it fits great and sounds even better, plus it keeps the bike legal because the cat is still there.

Participant

I bought the big link pipe that replaced the muffler and the cat. With my LV10 it was offensively loud… So I took it to a local custom bike shop and they modified it to suit. They did a really good job, actually bent it up a bit as well as cutting and welding on the flange so I could keep the cat.

Keep in mind the flange is a different size on the end of the cat, it’s bigger. They had to chop the one off my muffler to get it to work. The series one is nice, there’s another on eBay I found for $200 AUD. I would have bought the competition werkes, but they don’t ship to Australia

B.I.SavageB.I.Savage
    Participant

So taking the same pipe and shortening it with adding the cat makes it quieter?

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

Liking the fluo paint!

Participant

Yeh, definitely much quieter.. it’s the difference for me between too loud and ok.

Participant

Thanks! It was incredibly painful to paint with.. but turned out👌

Participant

Awesome Husky! Did you have to take off both sides of the exhaust when wrapping them. I got 50ft of gold wrap and i’m just deciding the best line of attack. Thanks

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.