Mods so far

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey guys, so I finally got my account activated and figured  I would post up what I have done so far to my Svartpilen!

I have had the bike for a little over 2 months, and with in the first week was already modding it.

So far I have done the competition werkes cat delete (from an RC390), replaced the stock Pirellis with Michelin PP 2CT, did a custom undertail license plate relocator (with turn signals), levers and the front brake pads.

I am actually on my second brake lever (went with MZS levers at first), I decided to upgrade the master cylinder to a 17mm Frando unit, everyone on the RC390 forums rave about it.

Next up is going to be some andreani front fork cartridges to get full adjustment up front, as well as an R6 rear shock for more control over preload and to actually get some dampening adjustment.

But so far I have had no fitment issues with RC390 or Duke 390 parts.

One thing I am curious about that I haven’t tried is the Power Commander V for the Duke. 🙂

JohnnyLightningJohnnyLightning
    Participant

Pic please…

Participant

https://vitpilenforum.com/wp-content/uploads/hm_bbpui/2053/03waqteh9j1pi1lbseqg8vnvw2r2lsmc.JPG

Participant

DarkarrowmotoDarkarrowmoto
    Participant

how is it not having knobby tires?  I havent had problems with mine, but I’m not taking mine offroad anytime soon either. I might go street tire when I need to change mine as well.

Participant

It is way better! Especially if you are riding aggressively. I actually wore out my Pirelli Scorpions in just 2500 miles of riding, I have had the michelins for about 1500 miles (yes my bike has 4000 miles on it already lol) and they have held up great.

I actually just got back from an 800 mile trip to the adirondacks with my friend, he has a 2017 ducati supersport and with these tires tight back roads became a huge advantage for the husky

Participant

are the street tires quieter? So far I’m fine with the traction level of the “knobs” but they seem rather noisy, especially when braking.

Participant

Street tires look pretty sweet. Bigger question, how is it doing 800 miles? I love this bike, but after about 80-90mi I get pretty uncomfortable.

Participant

It was not bad doing the 800 mile trip, it was over the course of 3 days…As far as being quieter, they are a bit less noisy. I mainly switched for my riding style, I actually wore away the side knobbies completely on the pirellis! lol

CoolbreezeCoolbreeze
    Participant

Hey great!

I allways have bad feelings with the pirellis when I am riding agressive.

why did you take the Michelin and not the metzeller?

I was hesitating to change the tires, now my decision is taken ! I just have to choose the best tires!

best

Participant

I chose the michelin over the metzeller purely from the ride quality I have experienced in the past with the pilot single compound tires. They are a track oriented tire that is very streetable. The pirelli rosso corsa 3 is also an excellent tire, they will run you about 400 for the set installed but are great tires.

CoolbreezeCoolbreeze
    Participant

Thanks jamez

Yesterday I went to my dealer and put new tires : michelin PP 2CT 🙂

they are brand new so I ride carefully, but, the feeling is allready very good!

And it looks nice… ir was not much expensive, 150€ for the 2 tires.

I’ll try to take pictures next week, when it will stop snowing and raining here in France! I’ve done few mods !

have fun!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.