Moderation system needs to change

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

To moderator of this forum, please consider removing some restriction to creating thread and replies.

Right now there’s seem to be a rule that if a post contains more than 1 picture or 1 url it require moderation before it is approved and approval can sometimes takes several days

I understand that it’s to control spam but man it is annoying when you’re trying to start a new thread then have to stop and wait for days later to finish posting because of moderation, really cant be bothered with it anymore sometime.

stroemstroem
    Participant

Or add a few regular users to the mod team so that posts can be approved sooner.

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

Running a forum in WordPress is very archaic anyway…

Participant

the vitpilen / svartpilen facebook group is way more active and better because of this issue.

stroemstroem
    Participant

It sucks how Facebook has ruined forums and Craigslist. I have been using automotive forums for 20 years and you could search through and find answers to your problems, DIYs and people were quick to answer if you have a question. Forums were organized instead of an algorithm driven feed. I have also found FB Marketplace to be the most toxic place to try and buy and sell as well. I nuked my FB a year or so ago, I am missing out on some stuff, but it is not worth my information being FB’s product to sell.

It sucks when Photobucket went to a pay service, so many old forum threads are now lost. Lots of lost information.

ScubadubbersScubadubbers
    Participant

I choose not to use Facebook as well.  I enjoy forums like these.  It would be nice to be able to post more than 1 picture at a time.

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

I don’t go near Facebook if I can help it. I much prefer forums, it’s a shame social media has pushed many folk away from them. And yes, I too remember when Photophucket pulled the plug and went from free to $300 per year, that alone destroyed so many useful threads. This forum is now the only one I’m active on at all.

Participant

Yes. This all blows.

Participant

This place in clumsy enough that I’m considering building replacement…

stroemstroem
    Participant

@slow husky, I was trying to convince one of the KTM 390 forums to add Husqvarna subforum as they are really the same bikes and it would be nice to have knowledge in one place but no one seems interested.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.