MNNTHBX Ram Stem Nut for cellphone mount

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    GorData
    Participant

Since there aren’t many parts for the Vitpilen from the aftermarket community, I have started to cross check with KTM Duke 390 since they share the same engine and frame. I needed a way to mount my cell phone without upsetting the flow of the body. I can confirm that the MNNTHBX Ram Stem Nut for 2014+ KTM RC390 works with the Vitpilen. This is a great option. I will be testing items that are not made for the Vitpilen or Svartpilen so we have more options.

MNNTHBX RAM Stem Nut for 2014+ KTM RC390

Ram Stem Mount

Scott Emm
    Participant

great.  I went with the quad lock.  It has been great too.  I wanted it to be secure and dont care much for the squeeze grip styles.

GorData
    Participant

I dropped my old bike and phone was still in there. I like the quad just not the case so much. I like my daily case a lot. I also mount my GoPro there.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by GorData.
    Scott Emm
    Participant

Ive always wanted a Gopro for my rides but they are so expensive.  Are they wide angle?  I want it for those who cut me off.  Then I can post their plate number and shame them. haha

jerd
    Participant

Was thinking of attempting to mount the RAM mount onto the mirror adapter, just wasnt sure what size screw to order and havent gotten around to it yet, but this may seem like a better idea.

Scott Emm
    Participant

Thats a GREAT idea.  Could you hack the mirror and attach?

jerd
    Participant

We already have those empty mirror adapters sitting there might as well try and put em to use. One of these might work although i cant say for sure https://www.ebay.com/i/191735530066?chn=ps

dksf
    Participant

Realize this is an old thread, but need help finding the right tool to remove the Vitpilen 701 stem nut. I imagine I need some sort of a hex head socket… but what size? Thank you!

B
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Yes, at 8mm.
    It’s on their website.</p>

B
    Participant

Yes, at 8mm.
    It’s on their website.

dksf
    Participant

8mm seems a bit small?

here’s a pic of my bike

B
    Participant

Ah, thought you meant the actual stem nut for Ram mounts.

All you need for the stem nut on the bike is a 15/16 socket…

…also on their website.

dksf
    Participant

Thank you

dksf
    Participant

Just a heads up… for the 2020 Vitpilen 701, the stem nut requires a 27mm hex socket.  The 15/16 is too small.

B
    Participant

Hmmm…

Well the reference picture posted is basically right at 15/16…

Shrug.

Maybe you’re thinking of the actual stem and not the top stem nut?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.