MNNTHBX Fender Eliminator

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    mitchotmitchot
    Participant

It doesn’t come with on or a spot for one, uses the tail light to illuminate the number plate. Can’t really any easy way to add one either.

Participant

The 401 plate on our kit sits directly under the white of the taillight and is well lit. Adding additional plate lights wouldn’t make it any brighter.

SimonSimon
    Participant

I am not sure it would pass the Mot in the Uk as the light is to red?

mitchotmitchot
    Participant

Just another image as requested by someone for wiring re-route. Bit hard to show, but I ran the wiring back from the swingarm and poked back up beside the airbox and battery, and curled it up underneath the rear seat.

Participant

The MNNTHBX tidy is the best looking in the market right now.
    The tail light is enough to light the plate up on its own.
    For other UK riders, I would recommend you purchase a flexible license plate from Ebay, 7 x 5, the plate will touch the rear tyre if you hit a good bump at speed and certainly if you are on green lanes.
    I unscrew mine for off road messing!

Participant

@simon, the red light illuminating the plate is technically illegal where I live as well, but usually most places aren’t strict during the yearly safety inspection

Participant

looks nice but in OZ I’d be pulled over everyday. No light or reflector.

mitchotmitchot
    Participant

I’m in Aus, no dramas with being pulled over for that reason, had the bike looked over at an RBT no dramas 👍🏼

Participant

What State?

VIC no way that would pass mate..

rod frostrod frost
    Participant
    mitchotmitchot
    Participant

In NSW. I guess I could say I’ve been lucky so far then. But over past 7 years I’ve been pulled over on a bike less that 5 times, so happy to run the gauntlet for now.

Plus could retro fit a light I think if it came down to it.

Participant

In the UK you must have a “working” white plate light if one is installed.
    Can’t have a broken one but doesn’t specify you need one. It is a muddy argument but will get you out of trouble.

The tidy keeps the plate close enough to the rear light for it to be illuminated, I have installed a couple of little bicycle stick on reflectors on the bottom of the plate as they do need those to be legal.

Participant

Quick update, just splattered another plate all over the road using the MNNTHBX tidy. It is very pretty but is just not suitable for even the smallest, bendiest UK style plate.

SimonSimon
    Participant

Thanks for that Tomb will keep looking for a better solution

Participant

Sorry mate.

Don’t like to dish out bad news.

For what it’s worth I weigh 200lbs and was pushing the bike hard.

The UK license plate is too big. One of those smaller US/Aus plates would work perfectly.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.