Mirrors changed

This topic contains 18 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Burnzoire 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    malibro
    Participant

I think the quality of the stock mirrors on the Svartpilen is a disgrace. They are functional but of such a cheap quality that they misfit with the rest of the bike. If you re-adjust them once the bolts are damaged ugly as the steel is soft as s**t.
    So I bought the Husqvarna accessory mirror set. They are of good metal quality etc. but once placed you cannot see a thing….they are way too short…… Who came up with this and did he/she actually fit them on the bike at one point? Who checked this?
    Next step…I ordered SW-MOTECH mirror extenders at http://www.louis.de and now it is finally o.k. and I have good quality mirror that function and look good.
    The part number is Louis Best.Nr.: 10029012 = SW-MOTECHSVL.00.504.101…..sets you back another 50 Euro.

Burnzoire
    Participant

I agree that the stock mirrors are terrible – they’re the exact same found on Husqvarna’s trail bikes.

Judging from your photos, however, it looks like without the extenders the mirrors will have about the same visibility as the stock stems. Was that your experience?

I’m a new Svartpilen owner and I’m trying to pick a set of mirrors – it’s really hard to visualise what husqvarna’s accessories will look like as they don’t provide sample pics.

I think the svart’s handlebars are just too long already for bar-ends. It’d make filtering and parking much more difficult (I’m a city commuter).

rlarue
    rlarue
    Participant

Burnzoire, I bought the Husky brand bar ends and really like them. I’m a city commuter as well and they really don’t add that much width to the bike. They offer great viewpoints and hardly vibe at all.

Burnzoire
    Participant

Looks nice for the vitpilen’s lower clip-ons, but not so sure about them on the svartpilen. They just seem a little wide. Thanks for sharing that pic!

Burnzoire
    Participant

Besides the official accessories, these mirrors are on my list. They are super expensive though:

https://motogadget.com/shop/en/m-view-classic.html

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Avatar Burnzoire.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Avatar Burnzoire.
    redlongarms
    Participant

Originals on the svart. Looks good

Burnzoire
    Participant

that does look pretty nice!

Midnaite
    Midnaite
    Participant

Sorry for the badly aimed picture, I wasn’t photographing the mirrors

Fred from france
    Fred from france
    Participant

I find it on alie low price and very good quality, no vibes.

kaizeros
    Participant

Where you get it?

Fred from france
    Fred from france
    Participant

http://€ 23,48 41%de réduction | Rétroviseurs moto 13mm-18mm guidon café Racer CNC Scooter Crusier vue arrière Bar fin miroir accessoires moto https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bqXGIwdK

Midnaite
    Midnaite
    Participant

they are basically the same has mine, only the mirrors shape changes.

I had to use the harware from previous mirrors to fit the internal size, the ruber ring was too big.

are you able to see anything in this position?

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Midnaite Midnaite.
    Fred from france
    Fred from france
    Participant

Yes I see very well especially that I have shoulders and elbows wide so it’s better in this position.

we lose the road of the eyes a little longer the time to look below

Burnzoire
    Participant

I just found this on Rizona’s website… different look but I don’t mind it:

Thoughts? I’d just settled on the round husky CNC stem mirrors but this may be a bit more original at least.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Avatar Burnzoire.
    Burnzoire
    Participant

Sorry, I meant Rizoma

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Avatar Burnzoire.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.