Making Evotech-Performance parts fit

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    VanessaVanessa
    Participant

I’m a fan of Evotech-Performance parts (fitted them to my other bikes) so was disappointed that they don’t do parts for the Svartpilen 401. But they do some for the KTM Duke 390, so I ordered some to see if they would fit. I ordered the radiator guard, front fork crash bungs and rear paddock stand bobbins. None of these fitted straight out of the box, but with some modifications they will, so this thread will go through these. Firstly the radiator guard, the corners of this clashes with the 401 plastic radiator trim end caps. So using a strong pair of cutters (the guard is aluminium, so easily cuts) I cut square notches out of each corner. Roughly 2cm horizontally and 1cm vertically from each corner. Then clean up the edges with a small file and touch up with black paint. The guard clips over the bottom of the radiator, and secures using the two top OEM screw points. The original 401 screws are quite short, so when the guard is added under them with the included plastic clamping washers, there isn’t much thread left holding them in, so I replaced them with 5mm longer ones. I used M6 stainless flange-head hex drive screws, re-used the original lock washers followed by the Evotech plastic washer, then the guard, then attached to the bike. It works well and looks good. The plastic radiator end caps hide the cutouts in the guard corners. The next task will be the front fork crash bungs.

• This topic was modified 2 months, 4 weeks ago by VanessaVanessa.
    Participant

Thanks for the info. Could you show us some pictures of the final result ?

Thanks in advance !

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

OK, so hopefully here is a pic of the fitted Evotech radiator guard:

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

Next I looked at fitting the front fork axle crash bungs. I realised that the Duke 390 ones would fit without any modification, see pic:

You can also see the Roadlok in this pic.

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

I’ll post about getting the rear paddock stand bobbins to fit another time, as it was quite involved and required me to make a new part on my lathe and mill.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.