Magnetic tank bag

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Prof J
    Participant

Hi all,

Two days ago, I picked up my used Svartpilen 2019 from a dealer.  The original owner had swapped the  stock tank carrier and had the metal Husqvarna metallic plate instead. Husqvarna tank bag is too expensive so I order the Cortech Super 2.0 10-Liter. Fits well! 6 of the 8 magnets make contact with the Husqvana metal plate and these magnets are STRONG. Here are a few pics.

AMv8(1day)
    Participant

Nice. Any idea if this metal plat matches 2020+ bolt pattern? Not sure if there’s any difference up top, but nearly every other body panel has a slightly different bolt point to meet the Indian manufacturing plant tooling.

Prof J
    Participant

Hi AMv8,

The metal plate, I believe, comes with the Husqvarna tankbag. It is actually visible here, in the forum, in the shop section:

Husqvarna Tank Bag Vitpilen/Svartpilen 401

My guess is that the previous owner of my bike decided to keep the tank-bag  for his new bike but had no use for the metal plate, hence left it.  Since it’s a Husqvarna product, I would assume that it fits the newer models.  But I could be wrong. See here for a good description of the differences between pre and post 2020 models:

https://hqvadventure.com/forum/threads/svartpilen-and-vitpilen-401-changes-from-2019-to-2020.50/

It states that the luggage carrier for the 2021 model comes with metal plates built-in.  That would be the best of both worlds, if it is true.

Hope this helps.

Prof J

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.