Made my own Fender Eliminator / Tail Tidy

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Since I did not find a fender eliminator kit for the 2020 Svartpilen 401 that I liked, I made my own.

IMO, it came out great! I spent a lot of time on the details, but you could do this pretty quickly if you are less of a perfectionist whacko than I.
    My design bolts through the underside of the bike’s fender, I had to put three holes there. I personally wasn’t afraid of drilling those holesand they could be very easily plugged if I wanted to go back to the original plate mount some day.

I did a long photographic record of how I made this and posted it to my blog if anyone wants more detail. https://www.vintageveloce.com/2020/09/2020-husqvarna-svartpilen-vitpilen-401.html

Participant

👋🏻👋🏻, Great and simply

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

That’s really neat and professional looking.

You just need to replace those abomination indicators.

B.I.SavageB.I.Savage
    Participant

Looks solid.

How do those bolts attach, washer on the other side or a metal bracket or something?

Is the tail light bright enough to keep the plate adequately lit?

Crazy how the rules seem to insist on having a replaceable bulb, powered by heat and made out of real glass…

Participant

I was going to make my own with fiberglass but your way looks easier and cleaner. Did you buy a special led for the plate or just re-used the original one?

Participant

Savage:

I just used a nice washer on the other side of the fender. Follow the link in the original post for more detail.

Savage and Devid:

The original tail light does illuminate the plate “OK”, but is a red light, so not really appropriate. So I added a white LED stuck on the bottom of the original tail lamp’s lens. Again, more detail if you follow the link in the original top post.

Participant

Yep I saw the step by step guide you did. But if you dismount the original fender inside you can find the original led lamp for the plate. My question is did you re-use the original one and just attached under the tail light, or you have bought an aftermarket plate led light?

Participant

I used this one, stick to the bottom of the tail light to aim at the plate.

There is a picture of it on the blog post. 😉

Participant

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Avatarslow husky.
    Participant

Thanks now is clear.

Participant

a job well done, looks fantastic.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.