Lowering kit for 401

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Participant

There is.?

Participant

Lowering kit for 401 vitpilen or svartpilen?

JohnnyLightningJohnnyLightning
    Participant

About a month ago, I attempted to lower my bike using this lowering link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GGRUD9S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It attaches to the top of the mono-shock, increasing its angle and therefore decreasing the space between the wheel and chassis. Naturally, the front end would have to be lowered as well.

Knowing how close the catalytic converter was to the stock position of the shock, I was certain that it wouldn’t fit so I attempted to install the link once I replaced the cat-converter with a cat delete. However, the shock/link combo still did not clear the cat delete that I used.

I’m 100% sure that a cat delete with a steeper downtube angle will clear. The combo that I installed fit but the spring on the shock was right up against the pipe.

Participant

Another thing to consider is that the link will not fit without some modification to the link itself. A small, triangular section of where it attaches to the chassis must be removed…the holes will not line up otherwise. I forgot to take a pic of it before putting it in storage but I’ll snap off a shot next time I’m there…if I happen to remember =-/

Participant

How many cm did u ?

Participant

It lowered the bike approximately 2.54cm +/-

Participant

Unfortunately I’m 169cm and 2.50 it’s pretty good thanks man very helpful

Participant

Anyone else try to lower? I just got mine, but it is way the seat height is too high. Would love to be able to lower it by 1-2 inches.

Participant

I just now saw that they sell a lowering kit:

https://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/se/zubehor/suspension–triple-clamp/lowering-kit/?segment=Svartpilen&category=KE3-16034451

I think it lowers 25 mm

It even includes new side stand!

Participant

https://www.ktm-parts.com/28512955044.html

There is now an official lowering kit. Not sure how bad installation is. I’m hoping someone will try to install it before I buy since I’m not very handy lol

Participant

Okay, that’s about enough for now…I’ve tried posting twice onto this goofy forum without any luck, WTF?!

I’ll try again some other time.

Participant

Okay…it’s working now.

Finally got it lowered to where I want. I did the rear mono myself but decided to send the bike to a local shop for the front springs after researching and reading up on its difficulty.

Sorry I didn’t take any pics during installation…I really didn’t have much time.

Front Springs: Hyperpro SP-HUQ4-SSA002. *I forgot to get a pic of the after-height…I’ll post it later.

Participant

Rear MonoShock: Wilbers 641-1124-00. *Specify height upon ordering and request an EXTRA LONG HOSE to clear the exhaust upon reservoir placement. Mine is too short and sits just 3mils above exhaust…NOT GOOD!!

Forgive the confusing increments on the tape measure…the actual dimensions are in black for a total height loss of 1-1/4″ (31mm +/-)…exactly what I ordered.

Participant

…And of course, don’t forget to shorten the kickstand to the same height. I just went ahead and had one made out of titanium…ooooooh!!

I’ll update with more pics and info when I get a chance.

Participant

Could you touch on the results on this?  Does it affect the handling at all?  Did you do this for better stand over height or other reasons?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.