“Low fuel level”

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello; do not know if any of you have this message on the display with plenty of gasoline still there…

I mean; first time with the bike in Husqvarna they put enough gasoline but the bike did not started cause that low fuel level; however, when the bike is about 3 liters or so, that sentences is what I have on the display!

Is the way of the computer to say that is in “RESERVE”?

But is very problematic due to you really do not know if is actually a low level of fuel.

I really do not like new bikes with all these computer stuff. I ride old Triumphs so…

Thanks

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

I dunno if you’ve read any of the previous posts on fuel gauge issues? The fuel gauges on these bikes are generally not great, either poorly set up at the factory, or just plain variable. The most annoying thing I’ve noticed with my 401 is that as soon as the low fuel sensor is triggered, it automatically stops showing any actual level information, sets the level readout to zero and puts the “low fuel” warning on the display. Obviously there is still some fuel in the tank, it hasn’t instantly disappeared! Very annoying software ‘feature’.

On my bike, the fuel level gauge never gets the chance to read anything below 2 bars (out of a possible 8). Because as soon as it gets to that point, it drops to no bars! It seems that when the low fuel warning appears on my bike at least, there is about 3 litres of fuel left. Which is quite a lot considering how small the tank actually is.

So my suggestion is to use the trip meter, I generally fill up at about 120 miles, regardless of what the fuel ‘level’ says.

Participant

Hello Vanessa; I see. My concern actually is that the computer decides to kill off the engine (as mentioned what happened when I bought it in Husqvarna)

Now, the display says 80km range and the low fuel level sentence .

In a moment I will take the road to do about 130km.

I have a gasoline station at 28km from here but I would put a bottle with extra gas in the bag.

So seems that is not possible to fix with the scanner in the first service?

Thanks

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

My dealer could only improve the function of the fuel gauge or range indicator very slightly. They did do a software update which at least stopped the range telling me I had 320 miles each time I filled the bike up. It is still erratic, but less so than before the update. Maybe it will improve for you too?

Satur9Satur9
    Participant

Low fuel level displaying Should not kill the engine. I’m pretty sure you have a different problem. Possibly a bad fuel pump.or clogged tank vent etc. Under normal conditions you run out of gas and the engine stalls.btw did you get your tank replaced. Was the ECU recalibrated for the new volume.

Participant

…hello; I still do not have the first service so I think nothing is clogged.

Is very possible that the sensor was installed not in the right place.

Participant

Hello; I went to the first service (paid) and they not changed anything. I see that many have this problem with the new models.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.