Lose back beak

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi! The Vitpilen is my first bike so I don’t know so much about bikes in general! Now to my question: should there be some movement in the rare calliper when i push it back and forth in the wheels direction? The one on the front wheel is rock solid! 

JohnnyLightningJohnnyLightning
    Participant

There should NOT be any movement from the caliper.

I couldn’t find the torque specs in the manual so if you happen to have a torque wrench available perhaps you can tighten it down to the front specs.

If not, just tighten it down as best you can and head straight to your dealer or a mechanic.

Participant

Thanks for the quick reply! I’ll do it first thing tomorrow! I was just checking it by curiosity today… have been driving 500km on it…

Participant

Wow. Will have to add this to the list of things that people have found wrong with their rear brakes.

Participant

What more have You heard? Something more to keep an eye for?

JohnnyLightningJohnnyLightning
    Participant
    Participant

is It really so that the rare calliper should be rock solid? I’m trying to figure it out but it is mounted on rubber suspension that means it can’t be rock solid?! When I pulled the black rubber thing ( in the right red circle) it slider in the hole so I could see movement from the other rubber thing (in the left red circle). This must mean that the rubber is al the way in the hole and since the calliper is mounted like this there will be some “suspension” feeling?????

MaxenceMaxence
    Participant

It’s totally normal, the rear brake is always moving a little bit !

If you press the brake pedal you will see that it’s doesn’t move anymore

Because it’s a floating disk. (Sorry it’s hard for me to explain this in English).

You shouldn’t worry about it.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by MaxenceMaxence.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by MaxenceMaxence.
    Participant

Thanks! I understand! I also talked to my Husqvarna dealer and they said the same! So no worries people! Thanks for all engagements 👍

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.