Lithium battery

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

For 401, I’m in the US. Looking for a high quality Lithium battery to order Asap. I don’t use a tender so I could use the extra power for the winter.

Only one I know of so far from this forum is this:

-Shido LTX 14 BS. 48 wh & 240 CCA.

Should I just buy this battery? I don’t know much about what’s compatible or what’s preferred. If anyone can help, thanks!

• This topic was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by AvatarRoadkill.
    • This topic was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by AvatarRoadkill.
    Participant

Anyone know if this would work?

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

I’ve had a lithium battery on my 401 for a year now, and it’s performed perfectly over a very harsh winter here in the UK.

It’s made by Anti-Gravity (a US company), I went with the 801 model. Super lightweight and small form factor. 240 CCA.

Gave me some useful extra space under the seat too! Highly recommended.

I posted on this forum about it, and there is a photo of the install on the post too.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by VanessaVanessa.
    Participant

Perfect that is just the info I needed!

Was about to order a battery that would take a month to arrive, this better suits me. Thank you! I’ll check out your post too 🙂

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

Cool! My original post is in the ‘Parts and accessories’ section of the Svartpilen 401 area. It’s on page 3, as a fair few posts have appeared since then.

Hope it works out OK for you.

Participant

Hmm. I saw your post, I’m now looking at the Anti-Gravity re Start batteries, like the atz-10, atx12 rs,

my bike is in the shop, any idea if these would fit in the battery compartment? I’ll have to go measure, or go based off of the OEM batt, as long as it’s smaller…

Says 5.9″ x 5.12 x 2.75 … or 5.9 x 3.46 x 3.62, for atx12 or atz10

I’m gonna have to measure, these look like bigger batteries, I like the idea of the re start function, also more power I guess can’t be bad.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by AvatarRoadkill.
    Participant

Just called the shop, should do the trick size wise. Just 1 AH less at 10 AH’s hope that’s good enough

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

Ah, mine wasn’t the re-start type, just the basic battery with no extra bells & whistles. I needed some extra space under the seat, and this was a neat way to achieve that. The 801 type lithium battery is way smaller than the OE battery. But it has a decent CCA of 240. The Ah is lower than the OE lead acid type, but as I said, it’s done fine through a very harsh UK winter.

The new re-start versions look pretty smart, I’m sure they will be fine.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.