Leo Vince LV-10 and De-Cat Fitted.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Qwandree

I got mine from italy via eBay. Shipping was actually quite fast. I can dig up the seller if you want.

Also installed it this week. Wow it’s great, sound and perf are improved.

TC
    Participant

Problem is that with a non road legal exhaust system you invalidate your insurance -unless you have told the insurance company and they have approved it. With the cat delete pipe, you could use a “retro fit” catalytic converter which are small and lightweight to get the EC approval. Leo Vince make one but it doesn’t fit this pipe unfortunately.

SSR1
    Participant

How long did it take to have one ?

$$?

rod frost
    Participant

Is there any additional parts needed in the  De-Cat and  LEO VINCE GP ONE SLIP install, ( like different gaskets…)?

Thanks,

Qwandree

@rod, everything you need is in the leo vince box. if i recall correctly, you reuse a fastener or two from the oem cat.

Zwillis
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>You don’t need anything else. You reuse the 2 clips and gaskets from the old cat to join everything so just remove with care.</p>

rod frost
    Participant

Here is a photo of the LV decat, I was sent for the 401, which didn’t fit, but the LV GP One fit fine.

Wvblackgun
    Participant

@Maxense it isn’t that bad, mainly a tiny gain in torque in low range, slight decrease in top range in both power and torque. A re-tune and a hi-flow air filter would result in decent gains, I would think. Of course, I just ordered my Lv10 and De-cat today, so I am probably making a self-serving justification LOL. Once I receive and install, I’ll do a proper soundcheck, flybys, revs, and idles vs  the stock setup because as-of-now I have yet to see one. However OP’S video has convinced me enough to buy the kit.

Sorry the Leo-Vince Dyno is a screenshot, wouldn’t let me upload a PDF.

rod frost
    Participant

I ended up going with a Werkes Cat Delete for my LV – GP One and really changed the sound; a lot louder. The bike felt more peppier,  (I have know way of verifying this, but the seat of my pants). I pickup an DNA air filter and will put that in and see what happens…

Wvblackgun
    Participant

@ Rod Frost…Werkes makes a cat delete for the 701? I cant seem to find it on their page.

rod frost
    Participant

I couldn’t find a Werkes de-cat for a 701 either. I think Leo Vince makes a de-cat for a 701 ( see page 1 of this thread) but I couldn’t fine one on the web site. (just a note:  the de-cat I brought from LV didn’t work for my 401). Sorry not much help.

Wvblackgun
    Participant

@Rod Frost i didnt look at your photo close enough. I had literally just placed my order for a leo vince link pipe and lv10 right before i saw your pic in the 701 thread and was regretting not getting the werkes bc werkes was my 1st choice. I shoulda noticed that it was a 401. No worries. Like 5 months ago i did a write up on here about 5 exhaust manufacturers and their intentions for the 701.  Werkes had nothing in the pipe at that time for either the 701 or the 401.

I do like the way the pipe goes through the chassis on your 401 very clean looking.

Robin Hood
    Participant

Hi,

I have (try) to fit both LV10 and the decat pipe, i strugled to fit the decat on the only screw ( with the rubber silent block) while keeping both ends correctly attached to the adjacent pipes on both ends,

I have noticed on the official pics on LV website that they do not have the decatt fitted properly – ok they just wanted to take the picture but at least it seems it does not fit easily..

here you see the official jpg and the tilted – not fitted – tightening ring ( or what is it called , sorry):LV decat pics on official LV web

and here is my situation:

have you struggled to get it on the screw too?

thanks for any help

L

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Robin Hood.
    TC
    Participant

It’s a bit of a struggle but it does go on eventually.

Nampus
    Participant

When fitting a decat pipe I would always loosen up the front pipe on the cylinder and the silencer as well. Then fit the decat pipe in between (should be easy when everything is loose and able to move) and then gradually tighten everything again.

This prevents stress in the system which can cause cracks over time.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.