Leo Vince LV-10 and De-Cat Fitted.

This topic contains 17 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  SSR1 4 days, 6 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Zwillis
    Participant

Fitted the new Leo Vince LV-10 Black Edition and De-Cat to my 701.  Sounds amazing, Super Loud.  Haven’t had a chance to have a good run to really check performance as the weather has been bad here in Ireland, but the weight difference is mega.  Was really surprise at the weight of the stock exhaust and Cat.

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by  Zwillis.
    Maxence
    Maxence
    Participant

Looks nice. Any videos for the sound ?? Thanks !

I thought it was supposed to be available in 2019.. ?

let us know about the performances, you might need to do a remap !

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by Maxence Maxence.

rod frost
    Participant

Nice! I have a De-Cat on order and a LEO VINCE GP ONE SLIP for my 401. (Both on back order) …

Zwillis
    Participant

Done some weight comparison today.  The stock exhaust and Cat is 10.5kg and the LV system total is only 2.32kg so that a nice 8.1kg weight saving.

Performance run today felt much better, much more pull especially mid range.  Found it a lot more responsive in 3 and 4 gear which was nice.  On the corners I felt I didn’t need to down shift as often as it really pulled nicely out of the corners.  With the weight difference I was getting a lot more feeling from the front end which was nice.

From a standing start the TC light was flashing through to 3rd gear so a good bit more power.

Very happy with the system.

On the question of remapping.  As the sensor is at the head of the exhaust you don’t need to remap as the ECU will automatically adjust, but going to look at some air filter mods to allow more air in since its breathing better on the out.

Zwillis
    Participant

Video link on my Facebook

Posted by Zach Willis on Saturday, October 27, 2018

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by  Zwillis.
    • This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by  Zwillis.

rod frost
    Participant

Who did you order it from?

Zwillis
    Participant

My local Husqvarna dealer in the UK

kungfupoulet
    Participant

Correct me if I’m wrong but the LV-10 is not street legal is it?

Adrian
    Participant

definitely not in Switzerland. This looks very sharp and sounds nice. Any chance so bring the noise a bit down?

Zwillis
    Participant

Yeah, for race use only so not susposed to be used on the road lol, but it’s to good not to have on 🙂

To reduce the sound, if you didn’t put the de-cat on it would reduce it a little.

Maxence
    Maxence
    Participant

Thanks for the feed back.

Its weird that on the leovince website, the exhaust is not yet available. I’m waiting for the dual one.

My husky dealer made a decat pipe, with the Akra exhaust on and he told me, that the performances are totally fucked up after that. So he put back the Original cat’ on. Idk what to think about it.

I agree with you about the sensor etc. So let’s see..

The only think is that I prefer the look of the bike, with the two black spoilers who hide the OG cat’. And has to be removed when you decat..

i checked the video, the sounds is great ! Thx

(ps: sorry for my English, I’m French 😉 )

Tori
    Participant

Hey guys. Interesting post on your LV exhaust. I’m a new owner of a 701 Vitpilen in Australia and I’m also considering my best exhaust options.

Weight saving is key on my mind – that’s a huge drop in weight you have achieved over the stock cat/exhaust.

Zwillis, how much does the stock exhaust alone weigh? Is the cat the heaviest part of the system?

Zwillis
    Participant

The cat is the heaviest part. Cat is about 6.5kg which includes the side panels that hide the Cat, the exhaust weighs in at 4kg.

I’ve been riding more this week and really enjoying the difference in the bike.  The ECU is adjusting to the new system and becoming really lively.

Qwandree
    Qwandree
    Participant

Looks great, mate. Ceramic coated my LV decat, goes on this wkend…

SSR1
    Participant

Hello im new here,where can I buy a Leovince decat tube in the USA ?

Thabks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.