Larger / Higher Front Fender?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Anyone thought about trying to fab a larger fender for the front?

JanoR5GTXJanoR5GTX
    Participant

I’ve already removed mine, and still thinking about attaching top mounted fender. Please let me know if you’ve succeeded

Participant

Did this on mine:

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

Quite happy with the result.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by Avatarelbastos.
    Participant

Its that painted or dipped?  Looks really good.

Participant

Those are really high quality stickers (if this is what you mean by dipped or wrapped). I got them from http://www.g-speedshop.com (they did all the other mods too). Cheers.

Participant

very cool @elbastos. Higher up but not too supermoto-y. It looks like it’s only attached to the headlight guard? Is that right? Did they just make the piece or do you know if they sourced it somewhere?

I’d definitely look at a radiator guard too w/ the fender up!

Haven’t tried anything yet but may try to 3d print something that works. Seems like there are a couple easy/good options for radiator guards now.

Participant

Hi,

It’s indeed just attached to the oem headlight guard with 2 screws and bolts (vibrations are not an issue) and 2 holes drilled in the headguard guard.

The fender itself was handmade and chopped from a spare one (not sure what model exactly), with 2 custom made mounting brackets soldered on the fender itself.

It looks good but is totally useless on the wet (ie close to no fender at all), so I will mount back the original one at the end of the summer.

JordanJordan
    Participant

Well here’s my $0 stock front fender chop and raise. I mocked up where I wanted it and what I needed to chop off the back, cut it,and drilled 4 holes on top, and 2 on the sides, and used zip ties on the forks and clamps above. I know zip-ties usually seem a little cheap and flimsy, but I do a lot of offroading with trucks and zip-ties are actually really durable and a great way to fasten light-weight pieces like this fender (you can also cut them to remove things quickly, and then grab a few more and reattached easily (no bolts to loose)).

This took about 20mins and was free. I need to add a little double sided foam tape to avoid scratching the bottom of the headlight, but besides that I’m happy with it. I plan on adding a ducati scrambler style wind screen as well. As some of the guys above mentioned, the fender will probably function worse this way and it’s purely aesthetic.

407guy407guy
    Participant

@elbastos

Those stickers look fantastic.  I too was thinking about a white/snow camo type print to use.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.