KTM TFT display

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,

the Vitpilen display is not one of the best displays on the market. There’re a lot of people who think, that the display is to “simple and progessive”.

Has anyone tried to change the Vitpilen display to a e.g. KTM 690 Duke display ? The control unit at the handle bars needs to be changed, too. I want to know if it is “plug and play” and a swap is possible. What would the engine do with the different engine maps ?

Best regards

Participant

Some of it might work but it might cause problems.

Most of the basics should be fine: Speedo/Tacho/Idiot lights but you might find differences in the fuel guage, ABS and TC. Or it might not work at all.

You could just give it a go and tell us all how it went…?

Or you could wait until the Svart 701 comes out -supposedly with a gorgeous TFT screen and buy the part although I imagine it will be horribly expensive.

Personally, I don’t mind the original.

Participant

Svart 701 TFT

QwandreeQwandree

That’s the svart 701 screen?

Participant

Supposedly….

Participant

Man it looks sick… However I don’t like the angle they chose. Looks like an afterthought.

Participant

What -as in too vertical? Due to the riding position i guess.

Participant

Well yeah. Too upright. It almost looks like a mini after market windshield. It doesn’t look OEM at all.

But on the product units, It won’t be a TFT screen as you mentioned earlier. Just the one we already have but slighty tilted towards the rider. Eww…

Participant

That tft display looks really nice. But the picture is from the 701 Aero concept bike. Hopefully the Aero gets next year a finished version with that display and also an option to put that display on older models.

geoguidegeoguide
    Participant

Resurrecting this. the screen on the 790 duke is amazing. I don’t know anything about trying to switch out displays though. Kind of feels like since the bikes are so similar this should be possible?

Participant

Some pioneer? 😀

Participant

What about the Badwinners TFT. It is plugnplay. Guess it comes down to price. I will check with them.

SvartGuySvartGuy
    Participant

That Badwinners custom 701 has something similar to a KTM display on it, they had to fabricate all of the wiring and said it was a pain in the ass. What I’m really curious about is how they got the software between the ECU and the display to work? I’d imagine it’s a whole different ballpark of information going from a simple LCD to a color TFT display, so possibly the display had its own software built in and it was just fed the values.. not to get too technical, they aren’t even selling the display with their kit. I’d love to change it though, angle at least cause it’s such an eyesore. And you can’t change the brightness at night

https://www.badwinners.com/shop/701-vitpilen-badwinners-kit

Badwinners custom display

mitchotmitchot
    Participant

I thought I read somewhere that BadWinners were going to release their TFT display as a individual item you can purchase? Someone else got a rough price for the new tri-clamps with the mount for TFT, but they were making a mount for stock clamps as well.

SvartGuySvartGuy
    Participant

It would be smart on their part to sell it separately 👍 hope they do

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.