KTM TFT display

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  kungfupoulet 1 day, 23 hours ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

MathieuRZA
    Participant

Hi,

the Vitpilen display is not one of the best displays on the market. There’re a lot of people who think, that the display is to “simple and progessive”.

Has anyone tried to change the Vitpilen display to a e.g. KTM 690 Duke display ? The control unit at the handle bars needs to be changed, too. I want to know if it is “plug and play” and a swap is possible. What would the engine do with the different engine maps ?

Best regards

TC
    Participant

Some of it might work but it might cause problems.

Most of the basics should be fine: Speedo/Tacho/Idiot lights but you might find differences in the fuel guage, ABS and TC. Or it might not work at all.

You could just give it a go and tell us all how it went…?

Or you could wait until the Svart 701 comes out -supposedly with a gorgeous TFT screen and buy the part although I imagine it will be horribly expensive.

Personally, I don’t mind the original.

TC
    Participant

Svart 701 TFT

Qwandree
    Qwandree
    Participant

That’s the svart 701 screen?

TC
    Participant

Supposedly….

kungfupoulet
    Participant

Man it looks sick… However I don’t like the angle they chose. Looks like an afterthought.

TC
    Participant

What -as in too vertical? Due to the riding position i guess.

kungfupoulet
    Participant

Well yeah. Too upright. It almost looks like a mini after market windshield. It doesn’t look OEM at all.

But on the product units, It won’t be a TFT screen as you mentioned earlier. Just the one we already have but slighty tilted towards the rider. Eww…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.